“Good place to stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #82 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location, clean, and has a helpful staff. There are places near by to eat and overall good location.

• Stayed: April 2012
Brett D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2015

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business.

Brett DeLoach

Reviewed 16 April 2012

This was my 1st time staying in any Hilton branch. Check in was a little slow, but the guest clerk was very friendly and accomodated our party with side by side rooms. The rooms were very clean, but my only complaint would be no microfridge in the room. Staff was great. Very quiet atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I really have no idea how you can give this hotel less than 3 stars. I know every experience is different, but I travel all the time for work, specifically in Atlanta, and this was one of the best business stays I have ever had. Actually I think the friendliness of the staff rivaled that of some 5 star hotels I have stayed at. Here is my experience: At check in I was greated by a very friendly front desk. When I asked if I could grab some advil from the sundry room he offered a bottle of water at no cost for me to take it with. I asked for a quiet room, and this was the bad part of this trip- he put me in a room on the first floor all the way towards the far back. I was skeptical because no first floor anywhere is ever really quiet, but this one in particular was bad because I swear I heard at least 5 garbage trucks picking up all throughout the night (I'm sure it was probably two, but it seemed like I heard back up beeping all night). So I digress...The room was beautifuly appointed and the bed very cozy. I used the gym which was also excellent. Plenty of new equiptment and good amount of space.I ordered room service from Marlow Tavern and the person who took and delivered the order was very friendly and my food was great. The next morning I needed to print some paperwork for my meetings and was having some trouble printing them at the business cener so the front desk woman offered to print them for me. Also had members of the wait staff at the very delicious breakfast asking to help me. Everyone just always wanted to help me! Finally, upon checking out the woman at the front desk offered to pack up cookies for me to bring to my meeting! I mean, come on...when do you get that? As I said, super friendly staff and great accomodations. Ignore these seemingly high maintenace people posting here. I am so glad I didn't read them before I booked.

Room Tip: Top floor! But bring some type of white noise machine if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jerseygirl10577
Reviewed 26 March 2012

As a Diamond Elite Member with Hiton, I have stayed 150 nights in a Hilton branded hotel the past 2 years. In that 2 years, this is the single worst experience yet. Prior to check-in, the options for pre-checkin were slim. Once I arrived, I explained the terrible options (low floor, queen beds etc) and was given a room that was supposed quiet. It turned out to be a room above a loading dock! Needless to say I didn't get any sleep. The next few nights they moved me to another room facing the highway. Parking is not a simple task here because of the attached restaurant but it's free so you can hardly complain. The internet was painfully slow. Coming from a hotel that I stayed a week prior and could watch Youtube without an issue, this was barely above dialup.. On the bright side, the cookies were good and the price for the nights stayed was fairly inexpensive but I got what I paid for. This was the worst Doubletree I've stayed at.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Scary place to park at night. Hotel is old...pictures on Hilton website make it look hip and trendy but they are only showing remodeled areas!

Room Tip: Get away from freeway exit ramp.
Reviewed 23 March 2012

By having this hotel connected to a nice restaurant, this has become my new favorite in this area of Georgia. I am headed to Stone Monutain, GA this week and will stay here again. Oh yes, the other respondents are right about the parking being quite difficult.
the room was comfortable and clean, the location was well suited for my needs, and I did wish the breaskfast options were better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The staff were great! The food very good! Will stay here again.