All reviews quality inn within walking distance world of coca cola georgia aquarium centennial park southern hospitality free breakfast convention center cnn center chaya coke gwcc conference marta
Reviewed March 30, 2018

My family and I stayed at Barclay Hotel for Spring Break. The hotel price is Great. Check in is 3pm and Check Out is 11:00am. The parking is located across the street in the LAX Parking deck. You have to park on the 3rd deck or higher. The cost is $15.00 per day. The hotel has free Wi-Fi. There is free continental Breakfast. There is plenty to choose from (biscuits and gravy, sausage links, eggs, waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, toast, fruit, and orange juice). There is vending machines for snack on the first floor, and drink machines on every floor. There is free ice on every floor also. There is no refrigerator in the room. Some rooms have balcony views these are nice, but the back side there isn't any balconies just windows and no view except tall buildings up close. The staff were friendly and maids were friendly. The only huge problem I had was when we checked in there was no air condition. It was extremely hot I was told to just open my windows which worried me because I have children and the window would open passed the 3" mark that the window said it wouldn't open passed. After 2 nights we seen someone else in the office and she moved used to a balcony room. Maid kept the room well cleaned, but our last 2 days our room wasn't vacuumed.

Room Tip: Room with Balcony
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank tonjos11803
Greta B, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

tonjos11803, thanks for a great review, hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Great location. Friendly staff. Reasonable prices. Very helpful when my flight was cancelled. Couldnt get out until 8 pm let me stay in the room until 4 pm at no extra charge. Room was clean and functional. Great for business travel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Greta B, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

bostonpam87, thanks for your feedback, we take pride in making sure all our guest have a wonderful stay, hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Yes this hotel is at prime down town location, but the photo of this hotels are deceiving. Booking a business trip last minute landed us at this facility. The rooms are old and my room looked out onto the concrete wall of the building 6inches away. The beds are undersized and the pillows are all travel sized. Plenty of towels are provided but only complimentary shampoo is available. I was not comfortable nor did feel secure at this hotel. I don’t recommend planning any extended stays at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel M
Greta B, Guest Relations Manager at Barclay Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Rachel, thanks for your feedback yes we are located in the heart of downtown, we are in a safe area with lots of police present in the downtown area, we will be starting our renovation this spring thanks for your business.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

For a business trip we stayed here. Thought that we were finding a good deal and the reviews didnt seem too bad. However this hotel is really a 1 star and you should expect nothing better. Its got a decent location but there's much better properties very close by. I dont usually say this about any hotel, as if you can get a decent night sleep and you survive its fine but man I just cant say anything good about this hotel. Rooms are dilapidated and elevator seems like you just might not make it out alive. Bathrooms are very aged and not pleasant. Wifi is free but very slow and not really worth it.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank satchsd

satchsd, thanks for your feedback, we will be starting our renovation this spring, Hope to see you in the futur

Reviewed March 9, 2018

On the first night, we drop off our stuff and go about our other plans and commitments. When we get back to the hotel late at night, I pull back the covers to crawl in bed to discover multiple, large, bright yellow stains all over the comforter. My 10 year old, my 6 year old and my 5 month old are all sound asleep, so I chuck the comforter on the floor, make sure there are no more stains in either of the beds and decide to deal with it in the morning.

I took a picture down to the front desk and they were very nice and very apologetic. I was assured that the problem would be taken care of while we were out that day. (We were there for a cheerleading competition that required us to be gone for several hours each day.) When we returned, we find that the beds were remade (this time with clean sheets and comforters) but housekeeping neglected the entire rest of the room. Dirty towels still all over the bathroom floor, both trash cans still full, no cups to replace the ones that were used, no clean towels to replace the dirty ones, dried toothpaste still in the sink, etc.

I called down to the front desk and requested some fresh towels. She was kind and polite and brought them up very quickly. I spoke to her again later on at the front desk and she apologized repeatedly and said that she could tell just by me opening my door that the room had not been attended to. She told me that she could take $50 off of my rate for that night, but her manager had taken away most of their abilities and that was the absolute best she could do for me, but said he would definitely be in before we checked out.

That same night, the air conditioner stops working in the entire hotel. It's very late and all 3 kids are awake and miserable and no one can sleep because it is excruciatingly hot. I am approached in the morning and told that they will make sure my room gets a deep cleaning while we're out and that the manager should be there for me to speak to. The room gets cleaned (ish. It wasn't what I would consider a deep clean, but it was leaps and bounds better than the previous days.) When we returned, I asked to speak with the manager and was told he had already left but would definitely return early the next morning and I could speak to him when I checked out.

The next morning comes and he is nowhere to be found. I'm told he won't be in until later and have to leave my name, cell phone number, what room I was in and everything that happened and told I WOULD be getting a phone call from him as soon as he arrived. We leave and I drive all the way back home and no phone call. We checked out on Monday, today is Thursday and I haven't heard a word. I tried calling him before I wrote this, but alas, he was unavailable. He was "moving his car and I should call back in 30 minutes."

The comforter was absolutely disgusting. The housekeeping not attending to the room was annoying. The AC going out was irritating (but apparently not uncommon from reading some of the other reviews.) The front desk staff was extremely friendly and apologetic. Unfortunately, GM John Murrello has tied their hands and taken away their ability to make adjustments to bills for guests who have problems throughout their stay. However, he never followed through with anything. He never called me, he never tried checking in with us while we were there, he never did anything about the rate I was still charged and he never made sure that my girls and I all left satisfied, happy guests. All of this COULD HAVE been addressed and resolved before we even left. Instead, John chose to disappear and do nothing and left us refusing to even step foot into that hotel again. We're there every single year for this competition, but we will NOT be returning to this mess.

John, you personally dropped the ball on this one. Repeatedly. You don't deserve to have the great staff working for you that consistently and gracefully take the heat for your apathy and neglect. I am disgusted with my stay in your hotel, but much more so in your disregard to the problems going on in your hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rachelm6142018

rachelm6142018, thanks for your feedback hopefully you recieved a call from the GM , I do apologize for the inconvience , and thank you for recognizing our staff we take great pride in making sure all our guest leave happy, once again I do apologize for the inconvience.