Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$169
US$159
US$127
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsatlanta airportpark and flyfree hot breakfastroom was cleanthe shuttle driverbreakfast and dinnerinternational terminalan early flighthot tubrental carfree shuttlegreat place to staynext morningrestaurants within walking distanceone night stayevening receptionwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here night before last for one night on our way back from Europe because we had a one night layover in Atlanta. I researched several hotels around the airport and booked with this hotel because we have been impressed with this hotel chain in the past in different cities.

This hotel is less than 5 minutes to the airport, has a free shuttle to and from the airport, and has free wi-fi (no code required). It also has free hot food and cold beverages in the evenings from 5:30-7 and a free hot breakfast in the morning from 6-9:30 on weekdays (7-10 on on weekends). Other things it offers, but which we did not use, are a fitness room, a pool, and free long distance calls.

Immediately on arrival I noticed that the staff are very friendly. There were a couple of other people checking in ahead of us, but we were greeted as soon as we walked in the door. Check-in was fast. On the way to the room I encountered a male housekeeper who was apologetic because he thought his cart was in my way (it wasn't). The room smelled fresh and was super clean. The bathroom, not roomy, but adequate, was so clean I wonder if they have recently remodeled it. I noticed that one of the walls inside our room was partially bricked, and this may explain why, although we were next to a busy street, we didn't hear much noise. The bed was clean and comfortable.

We went down to the lobby at 5:30 for the free food and beverages. They had salad, hot dogs, chicken wings, a taco bar, baked potatoes, potato chips, and popcorn; I think I saw something that said they rotate the offerings each night. Each of us had a card and could have gotten 3 free alcoholic beverages, but I drank soda and my husband had one beer. This was our dinner that night. There are restaurants in walking distance (there was a bar and grill and a Ruby Tuesday if I recall correctly right next door and a Waffle House across the street), but the free food at the hotel was more than enough for us.

Breakfast had a variety of items also, including: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, pastries, biscuits, gravy, cereal, and waffles (you make your own).

The staff setting up the evening and morning food were very friendly.

The shuttle leaves the hotel for the airport every 30 minutes, on the hour and half hour (at least those were the times the day we were there), and when we finished eating breakfast it was time to depart. Check out took only a few seconds because they had put our bill under the door to our room during the night. We took our keys to the front desk, they asked us if there had been any problems, we told them no, and we were on our way.

While were eating breakfast, I noticed a few airline pilots and other business travelers who were staying there.

There were only a few negatives I noticed: 1) The knob that changed the air conditioning unit from high to low was missing. It was easy to turn it without the knob, but it should be fixed. 2) I couldn't see the time on the alarm clock during the night and couldn't find a button that lit it up, but that could be user error since it was a high-tech alarm clock and 3) Not all the breakfast items were out at 6 when it opened. It was between 6:15 and 6:25 before the waffle mix, gravy, and milk for the cereal was set out. I suspect that if we had needed the milk, we could have gotten some earlier.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on one side of the hotel face the interstate, so maybe they are noisier than the rooms on the side we were on, but I am just speculating. As I mentioned, one of the interior walls in our room was partially brick so it may provide insulation from the noise. Also, some of the rooms are arranged atrium style (you can see the lobby and eating area on the first floor when you walk outside of your room), and those may be noisier, but our room was located down an interior hallway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank An_Iowan
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Basic airport accomodations near airport. Shuttle was slow picking us up, but on time taking us back to the airport. Reasonably clean and quiet for the price. Would probably look for other accomodations next time there was a stay over at the Atlanta airport.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank foodie491
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Rooms smelled of smoke. Dust behind bed and cabinets. Surface cleaned. Only one elevator, thus long wait. Food for happy hour was either over cooked or old. Front desk was very nice, but not willing to address our issue os smoke smell in room. This hotel is next to I-85 one side Airport access road on other side very noisy. In a high crime area.

Room Tip: Check a major Large hotel chain. Large hotels offer employees better benefits thus better service.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dansa25
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests and please accept our apology that your stay was not a pleasant one and for the inconveniences experienced. We were having some issues with our elevator and we are happy to report that the issue has been resolved. You can be confident that your concerns with the cleanliness of your room and the quality of the hot food will be discussed and reviewed with our team. We will strive to do things better so that others are not disappointed as you were. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay and your comments will help us work to achieve these goals. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

We have stayed her 3x prior to a flight. Parked for free while we were gone which is really nice. Free shuttle and free, very good, breakfast. I just had a call from our MasterCard that it was being used by someone else and this hotel is the only place I have used it recently, so a red flag has gone up, along with other reviews saying their car was broken into while they were gone, along with several other cars. Sure hate this as I really liked this hotel and it's ammenities. I like staying in a "safe" hotel overall. Hmmmmmmm.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank travelgal0
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We have stayed here several years now when flying out of the Atlanta airport, it is consistently good. Very clean, comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff. The shuttle to the airport is good and our vehicle has been safe in the extended parking lot.

Nice restaurant next door and they have discount coupon's if you ask at the desk.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple