See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 27, 2015

A great friendly hotel. Lovely local food, and comfortable rooms, even got serenaded by some locals in the bar. Great location for exploring for walkers or horses riders.
A nice quiet spot............

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2015

Clean room, spacious, Wifi works, very hospitable owners, has its own bar and restaurant with homemade tapas, in town center, about 2k from train station. Great place to stay in the cozy village of Jimera de Libar!

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed August 19, 2015

We didn't stay at this little hotel but visited the village whilst out and about exploring from our holiday base in Ronda.

Although we were there quite early, a group of Spanish ladies were well into their lunch when we walked in, so we felt quite at home and the lady running the bar and the kitchen made us very welcome.

We were trying to work out why what seemed to be the whole village was outside, lining the streets. The bar lady told us that the TV station Canal Plus was in the village shooting a piece about Jimera to promote it.

Over the years I've seen quite a few lovely but remote pueblos blancos and this one was no exception. Several weeks later I still have the lingering feeling that I could live there, but my wife tells me I'm nuts; it's too far from anywhere - about 45 mins or so from Ronda, I think, but it's got two butchers (well, it *is* Spain), the hotel, another bar, a school and a bank - and who knows what else, which is a lot more than most Spanish hilltop villages. And what felt like a really good community spirit, too. And a marked lack of mud.

Anyway, we ordered some great tapas and I noticed that there were locally made walking sticks for sale. They had a great, rustic feel to them and I wanted a new one for beating, back in the UK, so invested €12 in a particularly solid and robust specimen. From the hooked shape of the handle I would say they might be goat herders' or shepherds' sticks. Despite my stepdaughter's reservations I actually managed to get it past security at Malaga, my wife even conned the Guardia Civil the security guy summoned, claiming I needed it to walk, while I did my best to limp convincingly and even the Ryanair Nazis didn't bat an eyelid as I took it into the cabin. Resulto!

Loved this place with its Spanish beamed ceiling. On our return we checked out the rooms and rates and they seemed very reasonable, so we hope to stay there another time.

Please don't go there; we want to keep it for ourselves. Thankyou for your co-operation.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2015

Jimera de Libar is a beautiful little village near Ronda in Andalucia. The twin bedded rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel is run by a very welcoming couple. The revelation was the restaurant! Not only is it good, homemade food but it's really good value for money. Oscar is the cook and his wife, Clara, serves the food. Even on a bleak and cold day in April, the experience was wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2014 via mobile

What a great rural hotel, with tons of atmosphere, great, chatty staff and delightful cheap dinner. Set in a pretty village a stone's throw away from caves with prehistoric drawings. Rooms are nice and clean, and nothing is too much trouble.

Stayed: November 2014