“Disappointing”

La Tinaja de la Sierra
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Monachil
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Looks nice, but very basic spaghetti Bolognese with more pasta than meat. Burger had to be sent back - it was raw, not just rare by any stretch of the imagination.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Food overall good, but a pity management takes tourists for idiots :

- didn't ask for bread, and after they put it on the table, didn't touch it either. So why do they insist on billing it to us ?
- Prices are mentioned exclusive of VAT (that's illegal in Spain - even if it is mentioned on bottom of the card)

So when the bill arrived, I asked them to remove the bread charges from the bill, as we didn't ask for this and didn't touch the bread.

Answer from the waiter "it's spanish traditions" (yes, right, I was born yesterday)

So I answered :"call the manager to have this deducted, and be happy I don't insist on paying the printed price exclusive of VAT only"

Manager comes along and says "you received old menus, but you insult me by stating we try to mislead people"

I received old menu ? THere were only 3 tables when we came in !!! Surely they havme more than 2 new menus printed ?

I asked the manager to bring me the official complaints register, he refused !!!

To make a long story short : I ended paying only the price exclusive of VAT , and gave the waiter the difference as a nice tip (after all, he's not at fault)

If you want to be considered as a milkcow tourist, that's the restaurant to go to !!!

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Having been let down once already by another restaurant who messed up our booking we tried this place. It was pretty busy so we were told to come back in 30 minutes. When we did we were then told they could not sit our party together. Plus they wanted us to come back in another 20 minutes. Very stroppy manager told the first waiter off. We walked out so cannot comment on the food

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Service was quite poor, staff tried their best but it wasn't very busy and they were running around like mad. Must have been under staffed. Took ages for us to just get a menu then ages to get the food then one persons meal was 10 minutes after the rest, they forgot 2 sides however once we had it in the end the food wasn't too bad fairly nice. Menu was expensive bar the pizza so we went for those which were very big and priced well! Otherwise the rest was very expensive. Overall was okay wouldn't be rushing to return though but good for the price.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

The starters nothing great. They brought them, promised to bring bread, that never arrived. But they charged for it. Then the meat came. The pork oversalted and the beef bloody (they did not ask how we wanted it). The sauces ordered for the meat arrived with delay when we were high way through the mean already. The meat was not great quality anyway. When I finished my glass of wine I did not manage to catch anyone's eye to order the next one, So I had to finish my meat without. At the end it was quite expensive and I would not mind paying if it was any good! It was horrible. The worst crappy overpriced meal I had for ages. Don't go there if you don't want to spoil your evening. Anywhere in Sierra Nevada will be better.