“Friendly waiters, delicious food, wonderful setting ”

Alcadima Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Lanjaron
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family Country Hotel located in Lanjaron, Gate of the Alpujarra, inside of the Natural Park of Sierra Nevada. With 60 years of experience, heritage and art come together to create a unique fusion. Among others, we have spa & pool, botanical garden, gazebo, conference room and an awesome restaurant..
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel as a base for hiking and thoroughly enjoyed 2 nights dinning in the restaurant

Both nights I ended up doing for the set menu- simply because options on it looked so delicious they also have a la carte though should you wish

Portions were generous, and they kindly obliged bringing me an extra side of completely delicious patatas fritas with my main ( which, if you were to have not trekked Mount Mulhacern that day I’d suggest you share!- there was really plenty to feed 2 as a side)

On taking your table Tapas and bread were brought- which were fresh and thoughtfully presented. My favourite of my 2 nights starters was a hot crispy ( coated in nuts and I’d guess fried) cheese ( was almost Gouda like) with a salad of tomatoes, Jamon, leaves and walnuts , with a mustard dressing. And the winning main was baby grilled squid with broad beans.

House wine was incredibly reasonable at €2.50 a glass. And very good!

The set menu included pudding- the first night I had spiced pears, the second I’m afraid that huge plate of hot, delicious chips prevented me from indulging in the ice cream or other offerings. Oh well- reason to come back so I can try them!

And all this for an incredible €20 for 3 courses.

Waiting staff were very helpful, and coped with my terrible Spanish with grace!

An Absolutely wonderful place

Reviewed May 31, 2018

We were staying in the hotel so decided to eat in the restaurant on our first night. The restaurent was crowded and there appeared to be a few large parties which may have had an impact but the service was very slow and the food was OK but nothing special and we didn’t think it represented good value for money. We ate out in the village on our other two nights and had much better food at less cost, in uncrowded restaurants which made us wonder if the hotel has become complacent because its guests prefer to eat in the hotel even if they could get better food at cheaper prices elsewhere in the village. Just a thought.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

The views from the restaurant were only surpassed by the quality of the food. However, the portions are very large.
My sister and I shared the goats cheese salad and that was more than the sufficient. The textures and flavours were sublime. My wife had the grilled vegetable platter, again it was more than she could manage.
My wife and I had the monkfish and langoustines on rice. It was swimming in saffron broth and had at least 4 big pieces of monkfish. It was so good, I can not find the words to describe it.
Needless to say we had no room for postres.

1  Thank RuscombeSP
Reviewed April 1, 2018

This is the only restaurant we visited in Lanjarón, we were very impressed by the place and saw no reason to go anywhere else during our five night stay. The menu of the day has a choice of different starters, main courses and desserts. There is a view over the countryside and the castle, and the terrace would be wonderful when the evenings get a bit warmer.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

eaten here a few times the staff are good and the food is nice but they lack fresh vegetables which is a shame