“Must taste!”
Review of Bodega El Atroje

Bodega El Atroje
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Capileira
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

A very picturesque bodega with a nice selection of cheeses, sausages and of course cured ham!
With every glass you got a nice tapa too. A bodega you should not pass when in Capileira.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

My wife and I chose to chill in this lovely street in Capileira. We just intended to have drinks after a rather large lunch earlier in the day however after several cervesas and glasses of vino Tinto decided to have a few of the half racion platters which the delightful selection on the bodega menu offered, spicy morcilla, jamon, and ecological tomato and garlic platter really unusual fare but very tasty. The tomato platter was just a little too salty but otherwise really good The service was excellent. Most of the menu is cold platters but great for a warm evening.

Reviewed December 13, 2015

Our hotel gave us a voucher for this small bar/restaurant serving fantastic tapas with their own wines, hams and cheeses, We arrived at lunchtime and left at 5pm loaded with goodies we had bought at phenomenally low prices. The chocolate cake was particularly good!!

Reviewed September 14, 2014

Stopped here for refreshments in the shade on a Saturday afternoon as menus showed a huge variety of refreshments. We decided on the fresh fruit juices. Waited for service but no-one came so went inside to order. The football was on and being watched by a group of locals and staff. Felt like I was intruding! Lady asked me did I want the juice with water or milk? I was confused so asked for water. Hubby had a strawberry mix one which was just right but the Exotic one was watery. Went inside to pay the bill as no-one came to us. €6 for both. Didn't ask if everything was ok, more interested in the football game. Wouldn't return, plenty more places to go to.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We looked around Capileira for somewhere to have dinner and decided to try the Bodega El Atroje as it was frequented by the locals, and that is a good sign. we enjoyed it so much we returned ....... the Hake is really good ......... if you are just having a drink the barstaff give you a small tapas with each drink, and the type of tapas gets better with each added round of drinks ...... if this was my local Bodega I would frequent it as much as the locals in Capileira ..