All reviews old cars round bed neon sign room was clean glory days stay overnight coffee machine the main drag las vegas great place to stay memorabilia nostalgic motel americana era rt fridge
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as part of our road trip. We expected a basic room with basic facilities due to the cost, however we also expected a clean room. The owner was very friendly upon check in which we cannot fault. However when we checked into our room we noticed an unpleasant odour and that the room didn’t appear to be that clean. There was some dirt smeared up the wall by the fridge and the back of the front door and lower walls were dirty, paint was peeling off the walls. The room looked nothing like the photos. However the worst part was finding cigarette burns on the carpet in random places and also on the ‘clean’ bed linen and mattress topper which was clearly visible from the bottom bed sheet and you could feel it through the sheet as it was quite a big burn hole. When I asked the owner if there was any chance we could change rooms I was told there were no rooms left, however I had checked on a booking website which said that there were rooms available so I asked if we could upgrade and that we were willing to pay for an upgrade. At first the owner said yes and then quickly changed her mind saying it wasn’t right as we had paid for a lower rate room ( we did offer to pay the difference). She then offered us the room next to ours but when I checked that room it was equally as bad. The owner then offered me a clean bed sheet instead. We were quite disappointed that the owner didn’t seem at all bothered about the cigarette burns. We would have checked out if it hadn’t been so late. The only good part was the Route 66 memorabilia in the car park.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJC1414
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Reviews we read were pretty accurate-it is a nostalgic motel ...very 50's so not up to date as like Hampton Inns or some of the Marriots, but it was what we expected and were looking forward to-and in spite of being concerned when we first arrived, it was clean, the hosts were very nice and it was a quiet rest on our way to death valley. As long as you know what you are getting-i'd say get it!!

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Stopped in looking for a good room in a historic motel in a historic town. Rude person (owner) at desk. Lobby reeked of curry. I love the smell of curry in a restaurant, or if cooking at home, but not a motel lobby. It looks nice, but not a place I could enjoy a good nights rest. I settled on the back seat of my care in a rest stop.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Good place to stay, good value, helpful owners, there is a launderette just up the road which is handy when you have been on the road for a while.
There are plenty of places to eat, we used Denny's up the road.
Check out the old cars, this place is what riding 66 is all about.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

I recommend this place for those who wish to spend a night at an authentic motel and get a classic route 66-feeling. The round double bed is nice.
The rooms are simple equipped, wifi included and there’s a big fridge. Roy’s Cafe four blocks away is an excellent place for breakfast.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple