US$101
US$71
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Hotel las Palmeras(Zafra)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$43
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cervantes S.L.(Zafra)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$108
US$86
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$68
US$53
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstop floorhistoric buildingfestivalfurnitureshowersquareparking
Reviewed November 9, 2015

This hotel is in the main square, so a great location. The owner is knowledgeable and friendly- he was eager to share the history of his gorgeous house (a 2000 year old Roman villa, beautifully restored), and was equally helpful suggesting places of interest in Zafra. We had a great room (205) overlooking the square, with a small balcony. It's a little faded, but it added to the general ambiance of the place- I loved it. Breakfast was table service, not your usual buffet style self self. A friendly and attentive waiter, fresh toast, fresh juice and coffee- really enjoyed this! However, do make sure that you heed the parking restrictions. You can unload outside the hotel, but you must park elsewhere. Again, the owner is very helpful about this, and none of the locations suggested are more than a few minutes walk away. There was also a private car park with driver service if required at 15 Euros (I think)- but we did not think that this was necessary for our one night stay. We will certainly be back to this hotel and would recommend it.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed August 24, 2014

A quirky hotel right in the centre of the old town. The owner gave us a very interesting guided tour and a lot of good advice on places of interest and places to eat. Our room was comfortable, clean and with a good bathroom. We had access to the roof terrace overlooking Plaza Grande which was a real bonus. The breakfast was enjoyable and the food in the attached restaurant was simple but very tasty.
Parking in the square is possible at around 5 euros per day. Be careful as you can get a parking ticket as you are organising things in the hotel. The owner was very helpful when this happened to us

Room Tip: They all seem to be good but the ones with access to the roof terrace are worth while.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith T
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Fabulous location, fabulous building, friendly service. We had a lovely clean and well appointed room overlooking the square, which on a Saturday night meant very little sleep, but that's hardly the fault of the hotel.

Average breakfast, usual 'tostados' and not much else, but that's just the Spanish way. I would recommend this place, but maybe ask for a room at the back if you are there over the weekend and not up for 4am partying!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Of all the hotels I've stayed in over this holdiay wandering around Spain this hotel has to be one of the best. We pick a spot on the map and head for it - not knowing where we will end up. I picked Zafra. My sense of direction must be good as we ended up in the middle of 2 major Plazas surrounded with bars and restaurants in the middle of the afternoon. The place was deserted - apart from 3 people sat at a table having a beer. Hundreds of empty tables and chairs filled the plazas. I asked them in Spanish why everything was shut, and of course, it's siesta time. The Senor told me that the hotels would open at 1730 or 1800 where we would get a room, as we were tired and wanted a gin and tonic and park the car up. You have to pay for parking (pay & display) - it's cheap but a parking ticket is expensive. So we took a gamble and parked up and had some refreshment and a tapas. By 1700 the world woke up and everyone came out of the woodwork - shops opened, and, much to my relief, the Hotel Balcones. On entering I was given a guided tour of the history of the place and how the arches are identicle to the ones in Pompeii, I think from what I could grasp of the conversation it was designed or built by the same person. When my husband brought in our bags he spoke to me in English of course then the hotelier immediately started speaking in English. I just assumed no-one spoke Spanish.

Our room overlooked the Plaza and was very spacious with a huge very comfortable bed. I wouldn't say it was 5 star but just the atmosphere of the whole place lent it to be very memorable. By now the Plazas had started to fill up. The Hotel didn't do evening meals so we asked him to recommend a restaurant. We said we wanted Tapas, so he directed us to a place at the end of the shopping street to a place called La Aubache.

I was very impressed with this food. Tapas consisted of gorgonzola cheese on toast topped with locally made fig jam; deep fried aubergines in a light batter with a home-made tomato sauce; the list was endless - my husband's tuna was quickly seared and then marinated in something and was so tender you could cut it with a fork.

Yes I'd go back - I'd even make a special effort and I definitely want to go back to that restaurant.

By the way if it's shoes you are into, there are hundreds of very good quality shoe shops in town.

Room Tip: Ask for one looking over the Plaza
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrystiannehayes
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed one night at the Hotel Los Balcones de Zafra. The hotel was a great fine! The owner was delightful. The room was clean. The history behind the hotel and what was found recently during the rennovations is super interesting.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple