“Perfection - and vegan friendly!”
Review of Cakes to Die For

Cakes to Die For
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Frederick
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Cakes to Die For is my favorite bakery I've ever visited. I'm vegan, so I had no expectation of buying anything but a cup of tea the first time we stopped in, but as it happens, they always or almost always have at least a few (truly delicious) vegan items: including phenomenal lemon cookies, snickerdoodles, gluten free brownies, and coconut macaroons. (Plus the tea is very good and from a tea shop down the street, so you really can't go wrong). They also often have vegan cupcakes, mini pies, and sometimes rice pudding. The desserts are all extremely well done, classic flavors, and not at all too expensive. Plus the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, and always happy to list out everything that the vegans can have that day! :)

We've also twice special ordered cakes for birthdays - one coconut lemon cake absolutely covered with rainbow sprinkles, which was breathtaking and delicious, and one carrot cake with (tofutti) cream cheese frosting that wasn't quite as mind-blowing as the coconut-lemon, but was still very good and absolutely worth the money. And the carrot cake really was BEAUTIFULLY decorated - we had no idea what we wanted, just something simple, but they outdid themselves with lovely piped icing and fondant fall leaves.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Stopped by on a whim to pick up dessert for an office party and picked up an assortment of cupcakes. They were so delicious. Everyone at the office couldn't stop talking about them. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Lovely staff. Good coffee and yes - cake to die for - very reasonably priced. Worth a visit. It was nice weather when we were there and you could sit outside

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Got and assortment of things for carry out, all were very fresh and had the best ingredients! All our guests loved the goodies we brought home from this place!

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

We stopped by this place after church—I know, sinful! There was a handsome young man at the register who was as nice as he could be. He was patient with us as we looked over the selections. He answered any questions we had. I got the turtle brownie (and two red velvet cupcakes for my husband) and almond milk. My friend got the cream puff. The filling was so plentiful she had it all on her nose. lol Fresh. Rich. Decadent. My brownie was so good I had to get another to go. You won’t be disappointed!