“Nice Casino”

Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Camp Verde
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Hotel adjacent to the casino is not complete yet but you can stay at the "Lodge" located down the hill from the casino. There is frequent shuttle service between the lodge and the casino. They expect to open the hotel soon after some "legal" ramblings. This place is beautifully situated for exploring the Verde Valley including Clarkdale, Sedona, Cottonwood, and the National Monuments situated in the area such as Tuzigoot and Montezuma's Castle ancient native American sites.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower level have a small patio. Their beds sit wayyy off the floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sean K, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Andrew,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review of our hotel and we appreciate the positive comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; it is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I will be certain to pass on your kind words to the hotel management. We look forward to exceeding all of your expectations during a future stay with us.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We happen upon this late at night, but we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and the room was large, clean and the bed was comfortable. We understood from the staff that the new hotel is under construction, but not yet open. They gave us a free breakfast buffet at the casino as they do not provide breakfast at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 13 October 2017

Hello... Thank you for your 3 Star Review and we're so glad you had a great visit at the Lodge. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We were there on Wednesday September 06, 2017. NOT asthmatic friendly very very smokey. Not recommended... I have been there before and the smoke wasn't a problem. They need to address this problem. In order to keep the playing field fair for everyone clean up the air.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Sean K, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. Our goal is to deliver superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I have travelled pretty frequently with my dogs for the past 30 years. I can only think of one room that compared to the filth of your hotel room. Your rugs were covered in stains and odor from dog poop and pee. The curtains had holes all through it. It looked like someone took a gun to it in a rage. Your have an expensive refundable AND non-refundable fee to stay in this filth. I wouldn't consider taking off my socks in that place. I moved to a new hotel with my dogs for 3 nights after this and it was spotless.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in any of the rooms that are dedicated for dogs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Sean K, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. Our goal is to deliver superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issues that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I was disappointed to learn that newly constructed hotel adjacent to casino was not open yet. I have to drive to old hotel not attached to casino instead. The older gentleman who checked us in was very friendly and the only redeeming good experience we had with the hotel. The room carpet was sticky, bathroom counter was literally falling, air conditioner was noisy and mini-ref was on the floor. I hope that hotel management neglected this building because they are putting most resources in the new hotel building.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sean K, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Angelo,

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This hotel is showing its age. New Hotel to open in 2 months, (Approx. September 2017) should be an improvement.
Current pricing is somewhat fair for what is offered.
50% breakfast discount if you stay at the Hotel. good deal on some good food!

Room Tip: wait for the new hotel on the hill to open
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zonative
Sean K, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Staff is very friendly. Rooms are very basic, but comfortable and clean. Nice little balcony. But these are the rooms not connected to the hotel -those when open in September, I think, will be the way to go.

Room Tip: last building away from lobby
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Sean K, Guest Relations Manager at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camp Verde
8.0 km away
Beaver Creek Inn
Beaver Creek Inn
#1 of 1 in Rimrock

Been to Cliff Castle Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!