“Very nice hotel..”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Camp Verde
Houston, Texas
“Very nice hotel..”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Never been in a Comfort Inn before, but after this staying we'll be back! Nice and new hotel, very spacious and clean room. Very quiet location and convenient because just 2 min away from I-17. Very good if you have kids, you can take one room and you'll fit at least 4 people. They have complimentary continental breakfast wich is just ok, nothing special..maybe because during our turn the person in charge of the breakfast room was away, so there was almost nothing in there. Very nice front desk staff. We'll be back!

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor with 2 queen.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AroundTheWorld738310

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have stayed on two occasions. My first stay was not pleasant in dealing with the front desk staff who was abrasively rude. Had phone problems during the entire stay.
On my second stay recently, the pool was out of order the entire 5 day stay (112 degree weather) and the phones were also not working properly. Had to change rooms due to the overbearing odor of the room. I have had more problems in dealing with the front desk staff than anywhere I have ever been. I will be visiting the area again and will definitely not stay there again nor would I ever recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank travel71160
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Camp Verde, AZ. Overall, this was a pleasant place to stay for 2 nights. The room was very clean with the usual amenities including a refrigerator and microwave. There is a minimal extra charge for those items but we were not charged when we requested them.
Air conditioning is critical to a stay in Arizona in the month of August. The unit worked very efficiently and pretty quiet allowing a good night’s sleep.
We encountered a heavy monsoonal downpour one evening. While it was very refreshing, we had to put a towel on the window sill because rain water was coming into the room through the top sill. Usually this is not an issue in Arizona but it is something which does need addressed.
This is a nice place to stay if you are in the area but the rooms are quite small. Not a problem for a brief stay but if you’re there for an extended stay it could get to you.
There are some neat diversions in the area including Out of Africa theme park, Fort Verde, and Cliff Castle Casino among others.
The Front Desk personnel are very pleasant, knowledgeable and professional.
Breakfast is included in the room rate and is definitely sufficient and offered in a clean
dining environment. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Auburn CA
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I booked this hotel on June 16, 2011 for a trip my clients were taking with their Family to the Out of Africa Wildlife Park. I was quoted $69.99 per night the first time and then $59.99 per night the next time I called + the cost of tickets which was $30 per Adult and $20 for children. I booked it at $59.99 per night + the tickets for 2 nights. I did not receive the reservation via email as promised so I called back this morning and was told that the Manager said they could not honor the rate. So, I asked for the manager, Parm Mann, who claims to own this hotel under his corporation, Camp Verde Hotel Partners. He said he made the reservation but it was going to be $202 per night!!! I asked him to honor the original rate and he said he cannot and will not. I asked him why two of his employees quoted and booked under the lower rate (I had the confirmation #) and he said he did not know but was still not going to honor the rate.

In any event, if I wouldn't have called them this morning, my clients would have been in for a very unpleasant surprise on their trip. It sounds like this hotel has recently changed hands so BEWARE!!! Do not believe the rates they quote.

I deal with Comfort Inn and Choice Hotels all over the country so this is not a reflection on either Comfort Inn or Choice Hotels - just this particular Comfort Inn. My recommendation is to look elsewhere or you may have an unwanted surprise upon arrival.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank AllEventsTravel
Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here overnight on our way from Tombstone to the grand canyon. We had a lovely stay.The desk clerk was quick and friendly, the room was clean,cool and restful.We had free internet and right across the street was a Starbucks! (We're from Canada - we love our Starbucks!) Out front was a McDonalds and a Subway - we were set. In the morning we made waffles and had coffee at the breakfast room off the lobby.It was fun to make and yummy! The whole place was welcoming, inexpensive,and clean - can't ask for more than that!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland
Reviewed 4 April 2011

The room was quiet which we liked since we had been touring Arizona for nine days and were tired. There was a nice Denny's across the road which was convenient. However, our experience at this particular Comfort Inn left much to be desired.

Be sure to be very clear with reservation staff when checking in with a pet. The reception clerk claims we did not tell her we had our dog with us. She booked us into a "non-pet" room and the next morning we were presented with a bill which reflected an additional $125 plus tax charge for an "undeclared pet" rather than the $15 she quoted at check in. The hotel manager was not there at the time and all of our attempts to communicate with the hotel for some resolution have been met with silence. They have also failed to respond to inquiries by the Better Business Bureau.

We have patronized Comfort Inn in other states and have always enjoyed our stay. This one just happens to have been an awful, and expensive, experience.

Wishing other travels safe and Happy Trails !

Room Tip: We always request a QUIET location.
Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PortlandSkillset
Oberlin, LA
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Nice, clean, inexpensive motel. Staff helpful, Cliff Casino offers free shuttle.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3.3 km away
Fort Verde Suites
Fort Verde Suites
#1 of 5 in Camp Verde

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!