“absolutely superb service and care”
other travellers have booked this property
Garden and Swimming Pool Area Swimming Pool
Moonlight Terrace Cafe
Our Famous Scones on the Terrace
Tips to Toes Hair Beauty and Nail Salon
Venue for Weddings and Parties
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

bolton
“Wrong choice”
Reviewed June 15, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

we stayed at the moonlight for just one day. It was not for us. The main problem was the lack of air and light. The bedrooms and bathroom were attic rooms, each only having a tiny skylight, in the ceiling, about 18 x12 inches, which did not open and could not be reached. It was like trying to sleep in a hot dungeon. The one and only window was in the living room , the ottoman balcony ( bay window) ,this didn't open far and was so heavy, it was dangerously perched open by a little metal catch. If you look carefully at the photos you may be able to see one of these windows open. That is the only fresh air in an apartment with living room /kitchen, 2bedrooms and bathroom. The children went in the pool for a short time, it was freezing. The advertised jacuzzi was not working and was dirty and broken tiles around the edge. The gazebo looked invitingly cool, but going to sit in there I found it to be filthy. The glass topped tables were thick with dust and the cushions on the seating were very dirty. When we told Jo that we were leaving we asked about settling the bill. She told us that as we had paid £72 deposit and only stayed one night, we should call it quits, just add on the transfer costs. Jo replied to my daughters review saying that our reason of it being noisy was a lame excuse. Perhaps if we had been able to sleep comfortably, we might not have been disturbed by the noise. Jo also stated that she was left with an empty apartment that she could not rent out at such short notice.....all the apartments were empty, we were the ONLY guests at that time. Good point was, when we ate in the moonlight restaurant, the food was excellent and reasonably priced.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
julianne9
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“absolutely superb service and care”
Reviewed June 12, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

what can I say? Whilst staying at the moonlight I ventured out for dinner ( first mistake as the restaurant is second to none ) I collapsed and had a head injury resulting in hospitalisation; the owners Gunay and Jo Savasci were amazing they visited several times daily, they translated and supported me through a potentially dreadful time brought food and kept me and my friend sane. Thank you thank you thank you you could not have done more. I look forward to coming back soon and enjoying the amazing hospitality in house☺️

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
bump147
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Not for us”
Reviewed June 7, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I travelled to Hisaronu with my two children ( 11 yrs and 4 yrs ) and my mum, this was our ninth visit to the hisaronu/ ovacik area in 8 years but our first stay in these apartments ( our usual accommodation was fully booked ) .
We arrived late in the evening and was briefly greeted by Jo ... Shown to our apartment and then we went down to the bar / restaurant to grab a bite to eat and a quick drink before going to bed ... I hadn't been there half an hour before one of the staff accosted me and insisted I went out for a drink with him one night , which I politely refused but over the next 24 hours he persisted and asked me to meet him for drinks another few times ... I don't want to spend my holiday trying to avoid the staff at my place of stay or be made to feel uncomfortable. Anyway ... I say over the next 24 hours as we only stayed the one night ( should have been 8 ) as we didn't sleep a wink all night , due to outside noise ( I am aware we booked in the centre but was not necessarily the noise from the bars ) the bedrooms were in the attic and were like sleeping in cupboards ( very small windows in roof ) very dark and no dressing table / mirrors / hair dryers to get ready decently of an evening .... The living area was spacious but no balcony ( was advertised as an ottoman balcony , which is basically a bay window with heavy sash windows that were dangerous and we kept the kids away as if they had dropped the kids would have lost an arm or hand or be dead if landed on head ) the view was the back of a shop sign and the windows did not let in a lot of light .... We were the only people in the apartments at the time , obviously the first of the season and the water cooler was empty and the empty bottle had obviously been sat there for six months thick with dust .... The tables in the gazebo area round the pool were the same ... We did spend our one day round the pool, in this time we did not see any staff, there was no 'service' or a friendly 'hello' from any staff .... We couldn't relax and it was just not what we are used to. Hence we contacted where we normally stay and he managed to free up an apartment for us , therefore we let Jo know that we were leaving and were apologetic and polite just saying it was not what we had expected and we hadn't slept at all in the night .... She did offer to move us but we explained we had found alternative accommodation . I had already paid a deposit of £ 72 and this would have covered two nights , we had only stayed the one so she had gained an extra nights payment . As we were leaving we apologised again to get the response of " to be honest, I'm not all that bothered , I've been too busy next door and tired anyway " ( Jo also owns the salon next door ) unfortunately for her, this attitude had shown in the lack of service or contact with her within the time we were there and reflected in the poor up keep of the pool/ gazebo area and attention to details in the room ... Considering we were the only customers she had , it wouldn't have been difficult to make sure the water cooler was clean and had a bottle of water there ( one of the features advertised and paid for ) .... Admittedly the accommodation is not horrendous and with its location I would recommend it for younger groups of travellers, such as a group of friends on holiday and wanting to be in the centre near the bars and restaurants .... Maybe we have just been been spoilt by our usual accommodation and used to a different attitude and level of service ( although our usual accommodation is quite basic and cheaper to rent ... But on a whole different level of service and attitude) .... Maybe we just caught her at a bad time ( busy in the salon...but wasnt peak season and she certainly wasn't busy with the apartments/ guests side of the business ) .... Maybe different people have different expectations ..... All in all , this accommodation was just not for us .

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: The bedrooms ... The lack of light ... Lack of customer service / appropriateness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Large groups
Management Response
8 Jun 2015
Thank you for your review. In response to your comments I would like to state that I only very briefly met you on the evening of your late arrival. Due to your flight delay, your ETA was later so consequently it was way passed my usual hours of business. I do not specify that I am around to meet and greet on every occasion but fortunately I was around to welcome you and your family at the late hour and felt that I was polite and accommodating and felt confidant that all your needs were taken care of. I do not live on site so on my return the next day when I saw you again, you informed me that you wanted to vacate the apartment as it was too noisy. If offered you an alternative apartment, but you declined to even look at it and informed me that your normal place of stay, which previously was overbooked due to a wedding party, had made space for you. I felt the noise issue was a lame excuse to leave, as we have never had complaints in the past. As with all my customers, I take a 30 percent non refundable deposit in order to confirm the booking and stated in my advert, the balance plus any extras are to be paid on arrival. You did not offer to pay this amount, so therefore, I had an empty apartment that could not be rented out at such a late stage. It clearly states on the website that the design of our building is Traditional Ottoman design which includes the balcony areas. Once again, I offered you alternative accommodation, which you declined to look at. I cannot see how my hospitality or my advice was unacceptable to you and feel rather sorry that you feel the way that your review reflects and can only hope that you had a good holiday in your usual accommodation.
William T
Addiewell
“What a great find. Ideal location, accomodation and pool”
Reviewed January 15, 2015 for a stay in July 2014

Stayed here with my wife and teenage daughter in July 2014.
The owner Jo even arranged our transfers at a very reasonable price.
The first thing we noticed was a very friendly welcome and the location is ideal, right smack bang in the centre of Hisaronu.
The apartment was well furnished and had everything you need.
Air Con and water dispenser available a small cost and well worth it.
The following morning we went to the pool area at the rear of the apartments and WOW what a relaxing and friendly place to be.
Staff at the Moonlight catered for our every need throughout our stay.
We will be back :-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: pool area and staff
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
life0nmar...
“The Jewel in the Crown”
Reviewed September 8, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent two weeks here during August following an enthusiastic recommendation by friends and without any doubt this is the Jewel in the Crown. It is situated right in the centre of the lively village of Hisaronu. Our apartment was excellent, spacious and air conditioned. The maid regularly cleaned the apartment and provided us with clean linen. The owners, Jo and Gunay, are great and very approachable. The staff are all very polite and genuinely friendly. It has a large pool and a shaded area to escape the fabulous sunshine to read a few pages. There is a good restaurant, serving excellent food, that is open all day from early breakfast until after midnight when you can settle down with a drink, including branded spirits and my personal favourite, draught Guinness, from the bar until...well you want to go to bed. The staff happily organised free transport to and from the truly picturesque Oludeniz Lagoon. We met a number of lovely people who have returned year after year and its very easy to see why. We're looking forward to visiting again next year.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Robin R
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Paradise and perfection at an affordable price”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We work very hard all year and when we go on holiday we want absolute perfection and happiness, WELL WE GOT IT THIS YEAR ONCE AGAIN! The boutique suites at the moonlight are the most spacious and immaculately clean as our own house in the UK. The hospitality is complete un-rushed and genuine, nothing is to much trouble, just ask Jo, or any of the team and your request will be sorted in complete satisfaction immediately. Food and drink are the very best quality in Hissaronu!
Excellent high-street location in the best area in Hissaronu, whether you go to sleep at 10pm or 3am you never hear any noise at all and I sleep better in these apartments than I do at home!
Rooms are perfectly cleaned and fresh towels replaced every day, Everything you need for a comfortable stay is in the room, toasters, fridge, kettle, washing machine, air con, tv, comfortable beds, loads of storage for clothes etc.....
You can tell this is not just a business to the owners, this is a family run business with a very personal touch which makes such a difference compared to a normal package holiday.
Travel to and from the airport is perfectly timed and you travel in the most up to date modern vehicles, the trip to and from resort is a pleasure rather than the usual pain in the a.. you get with a crowded package tour transfer.
The beauty salon attached to the complex is excellent quality fully air con and excellent prices.
Kebabs are the best in town, no point in trying to compare as the bread is baked daily on site as-well as all the other products locally sourced and cooked and served to perfection.
The worst bit about the holiday was going home, cant wait to be back.
Kind regards and a massive thank you to Jo and all of the brilliant team.
Rob and family.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing except going home
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
Facebook5...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Have never stayed anywhere friendlier”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I have returned from the Moonlight after staying for the fourth time and will be returning again next year. The owners Jo and Gunnay couldn't be more helpful, all the staff are too. The rooms are spotless and are cleaned every single day as too is the pool area. There is not the usual get up at 6 in the morning for a sunbed (although some silly people still insist on doing that). You couldn't wish for a better location, being right in the centre and yet it is still very peaceful and you don't hear any noise from the bars late at night. Transfers were excellent even though are flight arriving was late, our driver was there (at no extra charge). The nicest part of this place though is the lovely family who own it and run it, it wouldn't be the same without them.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The family who run it
Liked least: Some of the other guests
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing