We have just come back from the Julian Forest (16th June 2011) From walking into the hotel after a very long day of travelling the last thing you want is to be pounced on my reception staff.. FLEXI DINE!! FLEXI DINE!!FLEXI DINE!!, is what we got for 2 bloody days!!!! (149TL for 4 days food per adult and 50% off for kids, not bad value, but food is not great, and its a lot cheaper in town,) when they finally gave up and realised that we would not buy, we then thought that was the end of it, oh no, then they start with the cold shoulder, no table service and if you wanted " morning" you can forget it! When you do order food you have to wait until the flexi dines have had there service first!!!! The food is not great at all, unless you like burgers, thay are not bad!! Its very expensive to eat at the hotel, half price in town and great food and service! Go down to Tommys for your breakfast 5TL and soooo much better ( 5 mins walk)
The in house spa centre looked great, really really good value and the chap running it was so nice, HIGH RECOMMENDATION
On the other side the rooms for a family of 5 was a good size and clean, pool area was very good, safe and secure and always a sun bed, not sure this would apply peak season! Not a single concern for a " leave me alone, self catering holiday" Great spot for being away from it all, we had a 16, 10 and 7 year old, and we found the dolmas bus to be great, kids loved it, for 1.5TL you can go into town/beach, they are also very helpful for good places to eat.
On the entertainment side, there was some "dodgy" family shows which i removed my boys away from, they thought they was 18/30 reps!! kids club was taken over by girls, so my boys would not go and that was that! pretty rubbish to be honest!
Overall great spot, good clean rooms, would recommend June if you can get kids out of school for a week
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a relaxing holiday away from the noise of the town or easily reached if desired the Julian Forest Suites is a must. Situated 2,8 km away from the beach at the foot of the surrounding forest, Julian Forest Suites offer fantastic service set in beautiful scenery, ideal for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Julian Forest Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Julian Forest Hotel Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Hotel Icmeler