“A jewel of a find by the scottish gypsy”
Review of Club Sun Village

Club Sun Village
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is our first time at this small but lovely complex,so many times in Turkey we have enconterd waiters that can be over bearing,too attentive or just a nuisance but thease apartments come with a great team of staff, there their if you need them,helpfull and cortious
and also geat fun with the kids and grown-ups,they have got the balance just rite in my opinion.
The rooms are basic but spotless as they are cleaned every day.
The food was brilliant with quite an extensive menu but if it wasn't on the menu, the chef would have ago at making it for you.
The food and bar prices were on a par for that area with most tastes being catered for.
It is our intention to go back next year as is the intentions of most of the people we met their.
I would have no problem recomending thease apartments.

Room Tip: Room 209 was great
2  Thank jimmy043

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Only complaints were the lack of hot water and the noise if a pump in the attic?

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Chuckarooney
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Hello, stopped at this resort for 10days.
My family and I could not fault the room. Cleaned on a daily basis,also all the staff were pleasant and very helpful. This holiday was self catering. The apartments had a cafe and bar. Food and drink were at a good price and the food was to a high standard. They offered a English Dinner menu on a Sunday, so roast lamb and yorkshire puddings were on offer and were excellent. Club Sun Village is in a quiet location, with only a 10 - 15 minute walk to the Beach.
Spent time in the local town and the CSV, found it excellent. My family and I will be going back to CSV next your for 14days this time. (also Robbie doesn't like being called Joe!!). Thank you CSV for going above and beyond to make my family stay enjoyable.
COCO sun beds at the beach were a fantastic help, with food and drink on offer throughout the day. Mersey the local waiter was excellent. Also for evening entertainment, The Harmony Bar, featuring Stella, (drag artist), fantastic night - went twice, excellent quality food and drink.

Thank you!!!

Room Tip: i can only comment on our room which was rm 308. clean. quiet.
2  Thank anthony H
Reviewed 3 October 2011

3rd year at CSV and we will be back! Ibo,Sam,Robbie and Smilie-thanks for another fantastic holiday.These guys are amazing and will do all they can to make sure you have a great holiday.You are made very welcome from the minute you arrive until they wave you off when you leave.The apartments are bright airy and spacious with a pool view and are always kept clean and tidy by the friendly maids.The lovely pool and bar area are kept spotless by the staff and the pool is cleaned every night.The food at the restaurant is excellent thanks to the great chefs with a wide and varied menu available and compares favourably with other restaurants in the area.Always fresh food and generous portions.Turkish night is a must.BBQ and entertainment-a brilliant evening.Also does miss sunday dinner-out of this world- one of the best ive ever had.Cant understand the bad reviews.We did not eat at the restaurant every night but that didnt change the staffs attitude towards us they were as friendly as ever when we returned from a night out.We have never had to question our bills either.i have nothing but praise for these apartments.The staff work very long hours but always have a smile on their face and are kind,friendly and fun to be with.I highly recommend these apartments to anybody.You wont be disappointed.
Miss you guys and my 'Cathy special' (aaaaaah) cocktail. C u all next year.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We have been to icmeler for about 11 years and this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The staff (Robbie,Sam,Smiley and Musty) where friendly and made us feel welcome, the rooms were cleaned daily and the pool area was washed down daily. The food and drink was great and as cheap as any bars. Thanks for great time,

James,Carol and Liam

1  Thank James K
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Me and my family had a fantastic time at Club Sun Village, this was my first time at Icemeler and loved it. The staff are really nice people and friendly, Ill like to say a BIG thank you to Robbie, Smilie, Musti, Sam and Ibo. I don’t understand all the bad reviews, this was the best holiday and I cant wait to go back next year. Turkish night is a must have, the food is wonderful and the entertainment was great specially the break dancers. The Sunday dinner was well worth it. Bingo and play your cards right was fun. The apartments are comfortable and clean, the maids cleaned them every day and were very polite. Its in a great location, beautiful views(of staff). Nothing was to much bother for all the guys at sun village. Waited on us hand and foot. Robbie and Smilie work so hard every hour and never see them moan once. A big thank you to Musti for cleaning the pool every day and the kitchen staff, the food was great. If your thinking of going to Ichmeler Club Sun Village is a must. I would recommend here and don’t listen to all the bad reviews. The morning we left was upsetting as we got such a warm good bye as we did when we arrived.

Stayed August 2011, Travelled With Family.

Room Tip: All Rooms are great, all got pool views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Daena K
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We travelled to Turkey for the first time with our 7 year old son.
I must say I was a little nervous after reading some of the negative reviews on this web site. In fact I got a bit of an education about review sites while I was there!
First of all, all the staff at club sun village were lovely. Samir and Engin were especially hospitable. The comments about being rude to guests if they didn't eat and drink there all the time were nonsense. In fact they gave us advice on places to go and called us taxis!
And the way some of the guests talked to the staff was quite embarassing to watch.
Oh and a good restaurant we found was down by the canal called Venice where we had the best steak this side of Cancun.
One of the other restaurants we went to which was very good and authentic opened my eyes about reviews as I said. The manager there explained that reviews can be written by the places themselves or there friends. I guess I was a bit naive about that!
Our advice keep an open mind and just be pleasant to people and you'll be fine.
Ps the guys are great with kids- in fact everyone we met was great with our son.
Enjoy.