“Fabulous”

The Gandhi
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: http://www.sandy-bedfordshire.co.uk/GANDHI.HTM http://www.thefoodplace.co.uk/restaurants/the-gandhi-in-sandy-35209/
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Food and service out of this world. Toilet up a flight of stairs and no access in the restaurant. Could prove problematic to those with mobility issues.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Thanks Bobby for a great night loved the food as usual. Wish you all the best for the new enlarged restaurant. We will be back again very soon. G

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We went to check out the just reopened Ghandi after a major refurb and were not disappointed. The extension is great, it has opened up the whole restaurant and given it a light airy feel which has done away with the slight feeling of claustrophobia I always felt in the old smaller area. Food is traditional Indian and very good. Service was good but they were not very busy, I hope they have geared up with waiting staff for the increased number of covers. We are definitely more likely to go now the eating area is lighter.

2  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Ok so I am being totally honest. We as a couple always order from another place in town that's recently been refurbished. Their food is amazing. However I hear Gandhi is brilliant and food so cheap so on our anniversary we went to eat there. We got seated quickly. Then it was down hill all the way. We ordered 3 starters and they came to the table next to us probably as there were 3 people there but we wanted to try different things. We held our hand up and got them. Onion bhaji so dry and overcooked and heated in middle so obviously pre cooked and microwaved. A good bhaji should be crisp with a bit of oil..thats what makes it so naughty and nice. Chicken tikka was 4 small pieces and I can honestly say yes it was tender but so bland and no taste at all. The sheer kebab was so spicy it wasn't pleasant and such a perfect formed shape it can only be not fresh. Then our mains came and again they put on the wrong table. We got it to us and my husband's chicken dish he said was ok. Not alot of chicken. My chicken tikka masala was a watery sauce with too much coconut as it was in every bite. 6 pieces of small tough chicken. Garlic rice was AWFUL. Couldn't eat as there were huge chunks of soft garlic and had a bitter taste. Our peshwari nan had hardly any filling and was doughy. Bombay Aloo was ok but small portion and potatoes watery. I'm sorry to say everything was wrong. Air conditioning blasting out so it was freezing. No atmosphere at all. New layout means you have people either side of you as tables are in a row. Our bill was only £6 less than the other place we always go to yet their peshwari nan has so much filling it falls out the sides...their bombay Aloo is done with quality potatoes that are soft and fluffy and their chicken in their mains falls apart it's so tender. As for their starters, the chicken tikka is rich deep red in colour where it's been marinating and u can still see hand prints in their sheek kebab where it's been pressed into the tandoori oven. So for £6 I'm.staying where I am. Sorry this place is not for me. I know it is for others but with the bring your own alcohol at the other place, this makes it a winner for us. The saying "u get what u pay for" is very true.

1  Thank Curabat
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Very good all round lovely fresh food as expected new staff all working together and Bobby got his finger on the pulse Great place paul. stneots