Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$161
PricelineUS$161
Expedia.comUS$161
Hotels.comUS$161
Agoda.comUS$161
eDreamsUS$161
All reviews blue morel farewell breakfast park savoy room block wedding weekend wedding guests junior suite front desk staff hotel is beautiful beautiful lobby new jersey christina event meeting renovation couch
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2020

I returned to New Jersey earlier this month for the funeral of a close family member. Upon my arrival, and throughout my stay, Kiesha at the front desk greeted me by name each time, was friendly and professional, and made me feel like a "regular". Susan, Director of Operations, was similarly friendly, helpful and professional when she helped me check out and also assisted me with several questions on the day of my departure. Dealing with them both was an absolute pleasure. The hotel parking lot was not crowded at all, and the hotel was nearly empty, but I had a comfortable stay. My room and the common areas were immaculate. My room was spacious and the bed provided me with a restful sleep each night. While the bathroom was not large, the shower was great, with water pressure to my liking and no fluctuation in temperature. The hotel's location was perfect for my needs. It is close to State Highway 24, with easy access to Short Hills Mall and Newark Liberty Airport. It is also close to Interstate 287, which made it easy for me to get to several destinations in Bergen County as needed. It is also a short distance from the town centers of Morristown and Madison. While my trip was a sorrowful one, I am grateful for the experience I had at the Westin Governor Morris.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed June 16, 2020 via mobile

Stayed one night, thank the Lord. Checking in was long however just two (including myself) were on property. NO open anything, the good notes? Shower was good, bed was okay. A/C worked however a high pitch whine was ever present. Plenty of plugins for the tech. WiFi isn’t free even for elite members. Elevator worked. Down side? Well, paint pealing off the ceiling, room was not clean, food particles left on the floor. Room was also small, had to turn sideways to get around the bed and NO i am not a massive person either. Just another shinning example of a hotel that doesn’t care about the traveler, just get them in & get them out. I will NOT ever return. Nor will any of our crew.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Albyfli
Reviewed June 11, 2020

My son and I had to travel to the Morristown NJ area to gather his dorm room things at very end of May 2020. Due to COVID-19 we were very careful, wore masks and washed hands often. Anyway, this is a large hotel and seems to be highly ranked. I am a Marriott Bonvoy member so I try to stay at Marriott hotels if I can. Normally, this is an expensive hotel but given COVID-19 and this particular area, hotels were much cheaper as no one was using them. So, I paid a bit more than I could have by about $40. Anyway, we went to the front desk upon check in, sometime around 3pm. The place was a ghost town. The large parking lot had about 5 vehicles in it. Many areas of the large hotel were dark. I asked the check in person if we might get an upgrade given we were two of only a handful of people in the entire hotel. She responded with something like, "Oh, you'd be surprised, we're actually busy and have been picking up." Funny, I thought to myself so I thanked her nonetheless and we went to our room. She was pleasant and not unkind in anyway just way off in her assessment. That being said, you could hear a pin drop in this hotel, we didn't see anyone save for one couple the whole time we were there. It was a bit eerie. I'm going to guess that the hotel might have been trying to use one area/floor to keep things efficient. I added another photo of the parking lot when we checked in. When we left, there were even less cars. All restaurants, the pool and workout area was closed, as you'd expect. Anyway, the room wasn't a bit small. It was clean though. The beds were comfortable enough although I expected a tad better. The TV was large and had all the necessary technology. The bathroom, however, was so small it was almost funny. Also, the bathroom had a sliding door which looked to be hung by a first time do-it-yourselfer. It didn't even shut all the way. Keep in mind this is supposed to be a very good hotel, not a Howard Johnson's in the middle of nowhere. I added a couple of pics. One shows the gap in the door from inside the bathroom. Hey, if this is a closet, no problem. The door didn't even have a track on the bottom. Another shows that you had to maneuver around the sink to get into and out of the shower.
To their credit, this Westin was operating in the time of COVID. I'm sure they're alot off issues that patrons just aren't aware of. The desk people were certainly polite and pleasant.
In conclusion, everything was clean, the hotel is in a nice area and the people are nice. That being said, from what I experienced, this hotel should have been priced as a budget hotel, certainly not a premium.

Date of stay: May 2020
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed March 8, 2020

We worked with Christina Rodriguez to get a block of rooms for my son's wedding. She was helpful and pleasant from the first meeting through the end experience. The hotel was perfect. Clean, nice rooms, comfortable beds, communal space. Overall just a five-star excellent experience.

Date of stay: March 2020
ltrilling, Owner at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2020

Greetings EditorYourTeen,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so happy your experience was worthy of five-stars, from our staff to our accommodations! It is important to us that you feel comfortable and welcomed during your stay. We truly hope that you get to come back and stay with us again!

Be well,
Lee

Reviewed February 2, 2020

Don't waste time paging through more reviews. If you're staying in Morristown, book this hotel. The Westin Governor is on-point. Just had a multiday stay and it was excellent. Rooms are clean and spacious. Everything works, including internet-connected devices, showers/bathrooms, comfortable bed and couch. Hotel is quiet, with a spacious parking lot and ample room in the lobby to sit and read. Staff is fantastic. I asked for a late checkout due to evening flight -- free of charge the front desk gave me a checkout time two hours beyond what I originally asked for. The adjacent Blue Morel restaurant is very good. And above all, this Westin's prices are very fair for all they provide to their guests. As I said at the beginning, if in Morristown, search is over, book this place.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ltrilling, General Manager at The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2020

HI 170jackl,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us, from the room accommodations to your interactions with the front desk. It is important to us that you feel comfortable and welcomed during your stay. We truly hope that you get the experience to come back and stay with us again!

Be well,