Last evening we took advantage of the 'early doors' menu in the restaurant at The Moat House. I was a little worried about what to expect as I had booked the table to celebrate my husbands birthday and so wanted all to go well. We had a wonderful evening. The Restaurant was set beautifully, even the heady scent of the lillies didn't spoil the atmosphere. The staff were excellent, very efficient and really pleasant. The food was fabulous, we both really enjoyed every course, even the pudding which can be a let down sometimes. We both left feeling really full up!
I would recommend trying the early doors menu, the food is fabulous, if a little expensive when picked from the normal a la carte menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moat House Staffordshire, an independent, family run hotel with four coveted AA stars....a unique and very special place. The luxury Moat House Hotel boasts a canal side location in the picturesque village of Acton Trussell. It extends a warm family welcome which guarantees industry leading professionalism and service. Whether your need is for accommodation, fine dining, a wedding venue or the best in corporate hospitality, our beautiful, historical buildings provide the perfect solution. Close to junction 13 of the M6 and within a short drive of Stafford, The Moat House combines a taste of history with leading-edge facilities and unrivaled service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Agoda, HRS, Travelocity.ca, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your The Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moat House Acton Trussell Hotel Acton Trussell
- Moat Hotel Acton Trussell