“A nice time”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Keystone
San Francisco, California
“A nice time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Stayed two nights here with my husband and three small children. The pool was fantastic!! And our room had a kitchenette, which was also a lifesaver. I hadn't realized how tiny Keystone would be, however, and I had to drive to Rapid City for groceries. But overall the hotel was a fine place. Only complaints: I wish they had Guest Laundry available. And it was weird that, after 11pm, the pool (closed to guests) became a party site for the hotel staff and their friends.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Richmond
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

My experience was this: I reserved a room on the internet at the price of 79.099 a night for 3 nights. When we arrived at the hotel they informed me the price was 99.99. I am a 70 year old grandmother standing there with a 7 year old granddaughter and a 9 year old grandson. I had to stay the 3 nights because I could not cancel any of it. " their rules, not the rules I originally signed up for". So I would never reccomend this place to my worst enemy. I was not the only one this happened to. There was another woman standing there on her cell phone with hotels.com. They did exactly the same thing to her. The front desk help was rude. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Deanna M

Travellers are raving about these Keystone hotels

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

So nice after last night's debacle of Badlands Ranch and Resort Badland's Nat'l Park. Came into Keystone looking for a nice place for a decent price. Stopped first at MT. RUSHMORE'S PRESIDENTS VIEW RESORT - just as you go into Keystone - they were advertising a good price - but that was for a single - would have been cheaper for wife and I to get two single rooms than one double. Sure. They then dropped it to a much more reasonable price - but they made their bed. Came down into town and found this place. They had the same kind of advertisement - but the double room was already around $79 and they gave us a $5 coupon off. It's a great location - an older place but excellent. Clean, modern, beautiful view and easy walk through all of town. This is a HUGE tourist rip off town - but this place is very nice. Room is large for even many hotels. May stay an extra night even.

Room Tip: Have a 2nd floor room facing out - very nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tasmandevil
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

From the outisde the hotel looked nice and comfortable, unfortunately this was short lived....in our opinion there were two things that let this hotel down, the staff - scruffy, clothing were grubby, no uniform, the cooked breakfasts were inedible, scrambled egg was like rubber and the sausages were all shrivelled up, the bacon very crispy.....we wouldn't stay there if we had the choice, but we were part of a tour.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pauline B
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We were with 48 other tourists on a package deal and were welcomed and treated graciously by the staff. Accommodation was average but adequate. After our days journey we found our room served our purpose and made our overnight stay a pleasant one. Reasonable for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Room was ok size, single pillow for each bed was not good. Not to much noise from outside, shower was below average, no coffee machine in room, all the drink machines in the foyer didn't work one took my money. I would stay else where next time if I could.

• Stayed September 2011
nashville, tn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Tour group, most keys did not work, very small rooms, found a magazine made up in bed, could tell the sheets had not been changed. Out of 12 hotels we stayed in this was by far the worst.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends