“propper ale house selling fancy foreign lager and real ales”
Review of Old Wine Vaults

Old Wine Vaults
Ranked #3 of 4 Nightlife in Holywell
More attraction details
Owner description: A family-owned pub in the heart of the market town of Holywell, serving cask ales, draught premium lagers, over 80 different gins, over 20 malt whiskeys, various rums and vodkas. Our new wine list features some of the best organic wines from around the world. We play live music every weekend and show all of the sporting fixtures with our Sky and BT satellites. We also have a fabulous newly refurbished enclosed beer garden. The coffee is good too!
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I started frequenting the old wine vaults about 15 years ago , and have never looked back , mind you I am divorced now and I do have a purple nose.....no I,m not a retired plumber !
its damned hard to keep a good real ale , it needs constant love and attention......well it gets it here in the old wine vaults , the ale is 1st class , even them wooly jumper clad bearded weirdies get in to sample it....and have never complained.
the bar staff are lovely , pleasant, polite and definitely worth one........a drink that is !
live music is good too , some top acts get in.
Be warned don't let the landlord near the juke box , unless you enjoy 4 hours of "blind lemon gravel throat "
all in all the vaults is a great non pretentious well run ale house plonked at the bottom of the frontier town of holywell , its a modern take on an original theme , great grog , great craic , and hospitality
If your reading this blackpool elvis " thanks for the entertainment that afternoon "
I woulnt drink anywhere else..........that's mainly cos Im barred out of all the other pubs.......only joking!

3  Thank richiedan47

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I visited here to drown my sorrow after a little spat with the missus. The landlord, Alan, was more than understanding about my predicament, and joined me in a beverage stating he new exactly how I felt. ....... been round for round with him and several pints later. a taxi was called for me, leaving feeling a whole let better. my music knowlage was vastly improved. and I look forward to some of his new introductions regarding staff uniforms. I also have to say that the toilets where of a very high standard. keep it up team wine vaults. oh yes and apparently this is a great venue to watch sport whilst been ridiculed for supporting any team other than Everton.

7  Thank ccw38