Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$112
PricelineUS$112
TripadvisorUS$112
StayForLong
All reviews wedding reception breakfast was included very pleasant stay next morning an evening meal one night stay chalet
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Stayed one night as we were attending an event in Barry. We arrived early before check in to advise we would be checking in late which was no problem. Our friends left their car there, as there was no problem parking up for the day either. Checked in just after 9pm, we had a double room in the chalets at the back of the hotel.

The chalet was very spacious, with two bedrooms, a lounge area & a kitchen area where you could make tea & coffee. There was a good sized bathroom with plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable & although they were holding a wedding there was hardly any noise. The chalet was clean but the only fault was it felt a bit cold. After the heat wave we arrived on a wet weekend.

We had a nice breakfast & they catered for gluten/dairy free. The owner & staff were very friendly & there was a late check out of 11.30 which was ideal.

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Thanks to all the staff at the manor for putting on a very nice day for my son and new daughter in law food was amazing and plenty all day accommodation present as well a lovely day housed under one roof thanks again

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sandra C, Owner at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Hello and thank you very much we are so glad that you enjoyed your son and daughter-in-laws day at the Manor House. I will pass your kind words on to the staff.
Best wishes
Sandra Cancelliere
Manor House Hotel Penarth

Reviewed July 4, 2019

I accompanied a disabled lady on a visit to Penarth and we stayed overnight at the Manor House Hotel - the facilities in the chalet room were very well suited for a disabled person, everywhere was spotlessly clean and the rooms were spacious. Breakfast was delicious. All in all excellent value for money. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room tip: Chalet rooms were very nice.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2019

I stayed here while my Partner was a patient at the University Hospital. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and breakfast was lovely. The main reception rooms were steeped in history and a joy to behold. I was well looked after by the family who owns the hotel.
The only downside was a TV too small for a person with hearing difficulties to read the subtitles and also there was no evening meal served on Sundays. There was not a restaurant within walking distance (I am a non-driver) and sandwiches was all that was on offer.

I feel the website should make more of the hotel and a bit less of function and wedding venues.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Dirty, smelly and very run down.
My daughter and I left in a hurry, without staying , after we were confronted by the owner, who didn't like our criticism, which was all true . He was a rude, unpleasant little man who made us feel very intimidated.
Fortunately we found alternative accommodation and salvaged our weekend away.
We travelled 250 miles, for a birthday treat for my daughter but the photos on booking site bore no resemblance whatsoever to what we found.
1st photo shows the entrance to reception. Not at all welcoming from the very start. The hotel looks lovely from the front. The rest is awful

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sandra C, Owner at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

We are so sorry you didn't like us. We are very glad that you managed to find alternative accommodation and save your weekend.
Thankfully plenty of people do like us very much, so obviously we do get things right most of the time.