Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$112
TripadvisorUS$112
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$112
StayForLong
All reviews wedding reception breakfast was included very pleasant stay next morning an evening meal one night stay chalet
Selected filters
Reviewed February 2, 2020 via mobile

It is very rare for me to write a review let alone a poor one but I can truly say that I have never stayed in a poorer hotel than this one. We traveled from London to Penarth on Thursday 31st January for the weekend and had been pleased to find a hotel during the six Nations rugby. However had we known what we were in for we would never of stayed. We knew at about 6pm we were going to be late so called the owners to inform them that this would be the case and they said no problem. We arrived earlier than expected at just gone 8pm to be told that the restaurant was closed (no closing time was mentioned in our earlier call as if it had been we would have stopped elsewhere). To be fair the owner did offer us an Anti pasti platter which we accepted as we were exhausted after our journey. But it only got worse. When we arrived back on the Friday evening we were told that the restaurant was closed! Nothing had been said to us that morning so again we went without food. Finally on the Saturday we arrived back in the hotel at 6:30pm and were asked if we wanted a drink, we said no but would be back later. Well you have by now guessed that not only was there no food but by 8:30pm the hotel was totally locked down so no drinks either! Checking out this morning I mentioned these points to the son of the owner as I thought it would be good to highlight these short comings and recommend that they inform guests that the services they offer on line are not available. No sooner had I mentioned these points than the owner actually for the first time all weekend showed he could be responsive by verbally attacking me and being incredibly rude. I travel globally with work and have stayed in hotels on every continent but I have never stayed in a worse hotel where the owner does not understand that paying guests deserve the service they are paying for. Finally I'm sure that the owner will respond to this post but if you had the decency to speak to me in a civil manner I might never of posted this review.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2019

We had our wedding reception here on the 27th March 1993.The next week we moved abroad and now live in England. We we're doing a Ghost hunting night in Cardiff Castle and due to the late finish we decided not to inconvenience family. So we booked a room and was pleasantly surprised with a chalet. Very clean and spacious. Could park outside our room. Brilliant. Breakfast was lovely and everyone was so friendly. Sandra your lovely husband didn't recognise me but I did him. We had a lovely chat, a look around to see what looked different. I showed a photo of our wedding outside the entrance from 1993. We also had an after one taken haha. On leaving we were presented with a bottle of wine. It was a lovely evening topped off with a walk down memory lane for breakfast. We will book again when we need a room .

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sandra C, Owner at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2019

Hello and thank you very much for your kind words! My goodness you must have seen a few changes since 1993! We weren't even an Hotel then. Thank you for thinking of us and of course you we'll look forward to welcoming you back anytime!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Kind regards
Sandra,
Manor House Hotel Penarth

Reviewed October 18, 2019

We stayed here recently and whilst the rooms are dated, they are perfectly satisfactory. The staff are pleasant and the owner will do his very best to ensure all your needs are catered for. I'd happily return again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed August 10, 2019

Great hospitality from the owner and all the staff, delicious and reasonably priced food in the restaurant and comfortable quiet chalet. We didn’t have a car but easy to get taxis to nearby Penarth and Cardiff.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sandra C, Owner at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Hello and thank you very much for this lovely review, much appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future. Meanwhile I will pass your comments on to all the staff.
Kind regards
Sandra Cancelliere.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Stayed one night as we were attending an event in Barry. We arrived early before check in to advise we would be checking in late which was no problem. Our friends left their car there, as there was no problem parking up for the day either. Checked in just after 9pm, we had a double room in the chalets at the back of the hotel.

The chalet was very spacious, with two bedrooms, a lounge area & a kitchen area where you could make tea & coffee. There was a good sized bathroom with plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable & although they were holding a wedding there was hardly any noise. The chalet was clean but the only fault was it felt a bit cold. After the heat wave we arrived on a wet weekend.

We had a nice breakfast & they catered for gluten/dairy free. The owner & staff were very friendly & there was a late check out of 11.30 which was ideal.

Date of stay: July 2019