Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$114
TripadvisorUS$114
StayForLong
Agoda.comUS$114
Priceline
All reviews wedding reception breakfast was included very pleasant stay next morning an evening meal one night stay chalet
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2020

We arrived and were pleasantly surprised, the chalets are big, spacious and bright. While the decor is a little dated it's very well maintained and we thought it was very clean. We were travelling with a newborn and the space was great for the cot and all our things, plus we could park right outside to carry everything in.

The only BIG issue is there is a velux sky light in the room which is completely uncovered meaning the room is daylight bright until the sun goes down - and bright again as soon as it rises (5am at this time of year!). With a newborn we needed dark to get the baby to sleep so this would rule out staying here again. I did message the property directly before posting this review, but haven't had a response. And looking at the reviews in more detail now I see they responded back in 2016 acknowledging this was an issue - but it doesn't seem to have been addressed. It's a shame because otherwise we would consider this place regularly for visits to our family who live locally. I thought it's only fair people should know about this before booking - particularly if you are travelling with babies or children who need to go to sleep early.

(They dealt with covid very well with keys in the door on arrival, automatic checkin/out and a substitute continental breakfast left at our door which was sweet)

Room tip: Chalets are not suitable for babies/children as the velux window lets the light in
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed March 5, 2020

Although the room was basic, it was very clean and warm. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. We had two evening meals during our stay and both were excellent. We had an extremely deaf neighbour unfortunately the first night And insisted his tv was on full volume, the next morning we mentioned it to the manager, and after an apology, were moved to another the next day. We requested slight changes to our meal to what was on the menu and were always accommodated. Neither my wife nor myself could fault this hotel in any way and would certainly return should the need arise.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed February 2, 2020 via mobile

It is very rare for me to write a review let alone a poor one but I can truly say that I have never stayed in a poorer hotel than this one. We traveled from London to Penarth on Thursday 31st January for the weekend and had been pleased to find a hotel during the six Nations rugby. However had we known what we were in for we would never of stayed. We knew at about 6pm we were going to be late so called the owners to inform them that this would be the case and they said no problem. We arrived earlier than expected at just gone 8pm to be told that the restaurant was closed (no closing time was mentioned in our earlier call as if it had been we would have stopped elsewhere). To be fair the owner did offer us an Anti pasti platter which we accepted as we were exhausted after our journey. But it only got worse. When we arrived back on the Friday evening we were told that the restaurant was closed! Nothing had been said to us that morning so again we went without food. Finally on the Saturday we arrived back in the hotel at 6:30pm and were asked if we wanted a drink, we said no but would be back later. Well you have by now guessed that not only was there no food but by 8:30pm the hotel was totally locked down so no drinks either! Checking out this morning I mentioned these points to the son of the owner as I thought it would be good to highlight these short comings and recommend that they inform guests that the services they offer on line are not available. No sooner had I mentioned these points than the owner actually for the first time all weekend showed he could be responsive by verbally attacking me and being incredibly rude. I travel globally with work and have stayed in hotels on every continent but I have never stayed in a worse hotel where the owner does not understand that paying guests deserve the service they are paying for. Finally I'm sure that the owner will respond to this post but if you had the decency to speak to me in a civil manner I might never of posted this review.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2019

We had our wedding reception here on the 27th March 1993.The next week we moved abroad and now live in England. We we're doing a Ghost hunting night in Cardiff Castle and due to the late finish we decided not to inconvenience family. So we booked a room and was pleasantly surprised with a chalet. Very clean and spacious. Could park outside our room. Brilliant. Breakfast was lovely and everyone was so friendly. Sandra your lovely husband didn't recognise me but I did him. We had a lovely chat, a look around to see what looked different. I showed a photo of our wedding outside the entrance from 1993. We also had an after one taken haha. On leaving we were presented with a bottle of wine. It was a lovely evening topped off with a walk down memory lane for breakfast. We will book again when we need a room .

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sandra C, Owner at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2019

Hello and thank you very much for your kind words! My goodness you must have seen a few changes since 1993! We weren't even an Hotel then. Thank you for thinking of us and of course you we'll look forward to welcoming you back anytime!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Kind regards
Sandra,
Manor House Hotel Penarth

Reviewed October 18, 2019

We stayed here recently and whilst the rooms are dated, they are perfectly satisfactory. The staff are pleasant and the owner will do his very best to ensure all your needs are catered for. I'd happily return again.

Date of stay: October 2019