“Sushi and Thai food in the heart of Natchez”

Planet Thailand Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 97 Restaurants in Natchez
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2017

We enjoyed very good renditions of common Thai dishes - spicy beef salad, satay, etc. Nearby tables had sushi rolls that looked good as well.

1  Thank Vondie O

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Oh, we were so excited to have some Thai food, even if it was in Mississippi. Their menu is 6% Thai food, which surprised us since the name is Planet Thai.

They had the basics of the basics of Thai food; Satay (they need to serve it with peanut sauce), spicy beef salad, curry, and Pad Thai, pretty much everything else was Chinese, Japanese, and a little Vietnamese.

We did order the Thai dishes and they were fantastic. We were surprised, actually, how good they were. My son loved it so much that he ordered both the Pad Thai and a curry dish. I had the spicy beef salad and it's about a 3 or 4 of 5 on the spice scale. I know it's hard to tell spice for everyone but I was sopping up the juice with rice at the end and my mouth was on fire (delightfully on fire).

Prices were average, about $11-$14 per plate and they have TONS of sushi options. It's actually refreshing to eat something fresh after having so much fried or BBQ food.

There were two servers with a packed little restaurant. Our server was nice and apologetic for the wait, but hello, it was a Saturday night at 7pm and we expected it to be busy. We didn't have an issue with it at all.

We easily parked on the street and I'm not sure if there was a parking lot for this restaurant. There are little shops around, it's in a great little downtown location.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful place to have cooked or regular sushi. Fresh Thai food and romantic ambience. Wonderful staff who will try to help with any order and personalized customer service. Please support a unique restaurant that Natchez is blessed to have in business for many years. The owners do not need the intervention of the reality tv show save this restaurant.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

By far the best restaurant in Natchez. Extraordinary food. Real Thai cook and lovely waitresses. We were with 4 children and they loved the food as well, it wasn't spicy, unless you wanted to.
But wonderful restaurant and we would go back here any day

Reviewed June 12, 2017

My husband, sister and I were in Natchez on vacation from south Florida. We LOVE Thai food and Planet Thailand went beyond our expectations. Great menu, everything we ate was delicious. I always get Pad Thai, but tried the cashew nut veggie stir fry recommended by Abby! It was delicious. My husband got the yummiest Pad Thai that we've had is a long time. Abby was wonderful. She was knowledgeable and prompt, and friendly. Don't leave Natchez without eating at Planet Thai!