Riverside Bed and Breakfast
US$160
Starlings Rest(Natchez)(Great Value!)
US$78
Official Site
Natchez Grand Hotel(Natchez)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$149
US$259
Hotels.com
US$109
HIExpress.com
The Burn(Natchez)
US$148
All reviewsnew orleansgreat conversationalistbluff overlookingdelicious breakfasthostantiqueshospitalitymsanniversarybeauty
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

Best view on the bluff. Beautiful flower gardens and landscaping. We enjoyed sitting on the porch overlooking the river drinking his special blend of coffee which we loved!
Inside the historical home, it was decorated according to the period of the home with lots of antiques. It was a dream come true to stay in this home. In the past- we have only visited homes this beautiful.
The breakfast was a wonderful dining experience as Durrell served us a wonderful Southern cuisine.
By the end of our visit- Durrell (our host) felt like family. It was hard to say goodbye.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura E
Reviewed April 5, 2016

Durrell is in a league by himself. My second visit, not my last, and again wasn't disappointed. I had my list of restaurants and his suggestions matched mine. He even took care of the reservations. I mean how much can the guy do for you?? 2 couples had the upstairs complete with views of the Mississippi, private parlor, coffee by our door at 6am.. great breakfast and great conversations. I knew he liked cash, just to show he is a good business man. I hate that tax man. And the inside looked better than a lot of the BIG plantation homes we toured.

Room Tip: Upstairs is 2 rooms, both nice
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Walley M
Reviewed October 15, 2015

As everyone else says, Durrell is a friendly and informative host. He even knew opera singers when I told him I sang opera. Not many people are into the "opera world". He had interesting stories to tell. We would have loved coffee on the porch, but was not offered any beverage other than water. Early the next morning there was a problem with the water and it was cut off for a while when we were trying to dress. He called some people he knew and it was fixed in a timely manner. Maybe we have weird taste, but the breakfast was a huge disappointment. He had a HARD cheese omelet, mushy hot fruit dish, grits with cheese (okay) and a piece of ham that looked like from a canned ham. Two asparagus spears with cheese sauce was laying across the plate, but it looked unpalatable. We could not eat the breakfast as the other couple at our table could not either. Coffee had an instant taste. Maybe the water problem threw him off. I don't know, but was extremely disappointed as we were quoted $130 for the two rooms downstairs and then he asked for $145 when we were leaving. It was okay, but probably would not go there again, but try a different B & B.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ccansler
Reviewed September 18, 2015 via mobile

We spent a wonderful two days in Natchez. The town is full of charm and history, but the highlight was spending time with the owner, Durrell. What a wonderful man to visit with. Our only regret was that we had to leave and proceed on with our trip. It is highly recommended that you get a the chance to stay with him and enjoy what he has to offer.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Saftmattrs
Reviewed September 12, 2015

Not long after my wife and I met we stayed here for a long weekend. Durrell met us and greeted us with a decanter of wine. Stated no one was staying next door so we had our choice of two of connected rooms. PLENTY of space. Beautiful place...impeccably decorated. I join the chorus on what others have said about his story telling, advice and generally being the perfect host. Not to mention his place is perfectly perched on top of the bluff. He has a huge wonderful courtyard over looking the gentle bend in the river from atop the bluff! Exit the courtyard to the left and your walking distance to the river front area of Natchez. Restaurants, lounges, the Casino. Wonderful location, wonderful home, wonderful host. You cant ask for more! We stayed there in Aug. of 2007 and have agreed when back in Natchez we wiil, if fortunate enough, stay with Durrell once again.

Room Tip: Only saw two rooms and they were both GORGEOUS!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple