All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls pet friendly hotel visitor's center check in was a breeze small kitchenette canal street three nights complimentary breakfast is will stay there again shower head good nights sleep downtown area the breakfast area rooms were very clean checking in king suite
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We had 2 rooms/2 reservations for family reunion. We prepaid for 2 rooms for Fri & Sat nights and later decided to add Thur night. We had 2 Queens suite and 1 King room for 2 boys (no doubles available at time of booking). We arrived at 1:30 a.m. Fri morning. At check-in they had us on 2 different floors. I told them our children were in a different room, we are sharing toiletries/luggage, etc. so we don't want to be on different floors. Said they didn't have 2 rooms on same floor, but later found 2 Q room. I told her my wife always go in and do extra cleaning of rooms so asked if we would have to move Friday. She said no. We were in 410 and 414. 414 was VERY HOT. Turned on AC and it was VERY LOUD. They said maintenance would check it Fri. As we were carrying our luggage in the other room the lady from front desk were sliding our bills under the door. I said we were just checking in so why we are getting a bill. She said since we have 2 reservations they have to give us the bill for Thur night and then Fri/Sat bill would be separate. She said AGAIN that you don't have to change rooms Fri. You just go to the front desk Fri morning and they will just switch it in the system, but we don't have to move. Friday morning we were told that we Had to move because they were overbooked. We had to repack the boys stuff and move them to 420. That room was VERY smoky. While we were away for a reunion event they said they brought a machine. It helped some, but the smell was still there so they just tolerated it - not moving again.
Friday in 410 water did not drain in tub. Maintenance guy came and took care of it. While in bed Thur night I told my wife I smelled mold between the 2 beds. We didn't think much of it. Friday in room 410 my wife stepped into a big hole/sink by the chair by the window. It was about 2ft X 2ft. Coincidentally the maintenance guy was in 414 fixing the AC so we called him over and showed him the hole. He said Wow. He said that was from the leak in the roof. He said that the type of flooring that is used will get soft if it gets wet and sure enough it got really wet. I later mentioned the hole to someone at the front desk and they said they will do something for us, but they said that they had a lot of leaking rooms on that side and are trying to figure out what to do about them. They didn't do anything for use. We just put a suitcase over it to remind us not to step there.
Side note - I reported to the front desk and showed photos of the cakes of dust inside the cabinets in room 410 where the green cups are. It was awful.
At checkout they didn't do anything for us. I complained and front desk said they would have someone email us. The next day they emailed us with an updated receipt with a $50 credit (really?). It wasn't abut the money. We would have rather had better rooms, but since we didn't get what we paid for I would have expected to get at least 1 night credit if not more. It was awful. The only thing we enjoyed during our stay was the breakfast cinnamon rolls and the business center hotel was useful a couple of times.
Since she wasn't there that weekend, the GM emailed me for more details. I sent the info with my cell number. I never heard anything back. We have been going to Natchez at least twice a year for quite some time. We always stay at the Grand, but they were booked because of several events (biking, baseball, etc.) going on that weekend. We will book much earlier next time or try the Hampton.
I have photos, but prefer not to share at this time.

Room Tip: Stay away from 410 and possible other even number rooms until they fix leak.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

my wife and I just had a two day getaway and stayed here using our points. The staff is super nice and the room was very clean! We stayed in an Executive Suite, so the room was very large. The staff went above and beyond to direct us to the right places, and they were always very friendly with a big smile. The only downside, and I still could not take any stars away, was the breakfast area. The eggs were absolutely horrible, and the pancake machine is a little slow. Other than that, it was a great quick breakfast as we filled up on lunch and dinner in town. Very close to everything and you can pretty much walk downtown if you are not a hundred years old. It was extremely hot outside, and we still walked, but I would not recommend it again. LOL everywhere downtown on the so just drive down there and walk from there.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Anna D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to tell us about your stay! Your input is extremely valuable and we'll share with our management to find ways to improve going forward. We hope you'll stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

This was the most run-down hotel I've ever stayed in. One of the two elevators was not working most of the time during the 3 days we were there. The one that did work was filthy. Our room wasn't clean, and some friends also staying there had rooms that were so dirty they had to change to other rooms (that were not much better). One of the two rooms we had frequently had problems with the keycard requiring multiple trips to the front desk. Also, when I tried to give them my Hilton Honors number they said I would have to have done that when I booked.

I expect much more from any facility that is a part of the Hilton Family.

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Anna D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We regret that you encountered the challenges you have described. We will share with our entire staff and management and look to improve our guest experience going forward. We look forward to getting an opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were staying only one night in Natchez before traveling the parkway. Our room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. There was a musty smell in the hallway by the elevator but not in the room. Breakfast had a good variety of choices and was adequate for our needs. I highly recommend the cinnamon rolls.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Anna D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

We stay here on our way back from trips out west, they are pet friendly and very clean!
They are so clean that this is the only pet friendly hotel ill stay in ( lets admit it, dogs stink, if you are going to have one it takes alot to keep the smell out of home and cars , not to mention the hair)
Also Its not cheap if you have a pet but I figure thats what it takes to adequately clean the rooms afterwards so I accept it cause I love my doggie!
The hotel is not far from the river walk and the entrance to the Natchez Trail which is an absolutely beautiful area.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Anna D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review us! We're so glad you and the stay and our accommodations! Hope to see you back with us again soon.