“The oldest building in Natchez”
Review of King's Tavern

King's Tavern
Ranked #4 of 97 Restaurants in Natchez
Price range: US$14 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Historic King's Tavern circa 1789 as seen on Ghost Adventurers and Travel Channel. Wood fired oven with steak, fresh fish and pizza's. Craft Cocktails - some of the best in the country. Also tour the Charboneau Rum Distillery next door. Ourdoor dining
Reviewed October 8, 2018

The oldest restaurant in Natchez. Unaware, we walked in and found the gloomy atmosphere of a place formerly populated by rude river men, and supposedly haunted.
Service is as rough as you’d expect from a place like this: find yourself a table, decide what you want to eat, go to the counter, order and wait. It won’t be long before your server shows up with your grub.
their specialty is the wood-fired flatbread, my husband ordered the one with brisket.I had the pepper fired oysters, which is oysters out of their shell cooked in a peppery broth and served with striped of super tasty flatbread. The oysters were good, but the bread was amazing. It’s a small plate so beware if you have a big appetite. Was enough for me.
Husband’s flatbread was excellent. The quality of the bread is top, and also the brisket was very good.
After your meal, you’ll pay directly at the counter, so don’t wait for the bill to be taken to your table. We spent 35$

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

What a fun place to have lunch, and hear the history of this old building! It's not fancy, but the food is great. We shared the mini meatball/mozzarella appetizer with flatbread, and wanted more. We both had their famous chicken pot pie, and it was scrumptious with the thick homemade crust on top. It is not located in the best area, but don't let that deter you from trying King's Tavern! We were lucky to find a parking spot in front of the restaurant.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

We really loved the atmosphere of this place! It seemed like we walked into a tavern from 1700. The service was excellent. Two of us ordered pot pies with a side salad and two of us got flat breads. Huge portions and everyone loved the food. We wanted to try the fantastic looking desserts but we were just too full. Prices were very reasonable too. If you ask them they will tell you a ghost story about the place.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

This was a highlight of our trip. The history alone is enough to come by, but the fun atmosphere and good food is enough to return. The ordering system of having to do all requests at the bar was a little confusing, and I found myself many times without a drink because I didn't realize you had to go to the bar and ask for more each time. They were very busy, I did not fault them for it. The food was good. I had the Margarita Pizza and it had all fresh ingredients. If you aren't a glutton like me, one is big enough to share between two people, especially if you get an appetizer. I wasn't able to go upstairs, so I cannot attest to the gift shop. Worth going if you want a quick bite to eat and say you ate somewhere a body was once found in the walls.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Walking in to this place is very much like walking into an old English Country pub.
America and the South in particular do friendly ;-) The food here is limited in range but it was really good. The menu is not extensive and that can be a good thing - a few things done well is better than a load of stuff some of which is not cooked often. So you get about 6 flatbreads or pizzas, a couple of pies, a meat and a fish entree with 3-4 desserts. The four of us went for the two pies, one is chicken and the other was crawfish. They did not look huge but that was deceptive! The filling was good with a decent amount of the main filling and a nice balance of vegetables. The pie crust was a really excellent cobbler style pastry. Loved it!

Been to King's Tavern? Share your experiences!