“wont do this again”

Excellent Inn & Suites
Excellent Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This was quite an experience. I usually try to stay at a franchised hotel because they are generally more consistant and cleaner than nonfranchised hotels. That was the case here. While I need to recoginize that this isn't a chain, I would like to at least have a clean room with no bugs. The room smelled kinda moldy but got better after the air conditioner ran for a few minutes. The carpet was really old and filthy and the bedding wasn't any better. The room really needed to be recleaned as there was lots of dust and several dead roaches, at least they were dead. I will say that the price was low but so was the quality. Don't plan on staying here next year.

Room Tip: I'd try any hotel chain before I'd try the Passport. I'd also make advanced reservations...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lee A

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Friendly staff…nice room…good location but next to railroad tracks…but night staff locked the front door and there are outside cameras everywhere which freaked me out a little.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We selected this motel because they accept pets and based on the reviews I read. I called the hotel directly hoping to get a better rate and she quoted $10 higher than TripAdvisor. The commode and tub had old stains and mold. The rest was clean with what they had to work with. Very outdated, sloppy paint job, things tearing up, etc. Nice clean, thick towels. This is where all the work crews stay. I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sargentmom
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The room was clean, nothing was broken, the staff in the lobby was very helpful and nice. It would help if the cleaning people could understand English a little better it was hard to communicate sometimes what we were needing for our room. I have been traveling to Natchez for 22 years and stayed almost everywhere in town and this is the only one that I will come back to. There are no surprises just a clean cheap room that doesn't break the budget. The breakfast was great not having to go to pay for and there is plenty of food choices close by.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank runkitty56
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We went here after our awful time with Days Inn and they were so nice and also pet friendly. The people who own this went out of their way after we had such a bad experience with our other hotel. They are remolding the rooms but it was still 100% improvement from the Days Inn. Free coffee and breakfast and the staff were ready to offer extra towels every morning. The bed was even good and lots and lots of hot water for a nice long shower. I will be back and I will stay here, the owners are from India and when checking in we mentioned we liked the foods they cooked she made us some Indian food the next day now that’s nice. If you have pets they go above and beyond for you. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ABBenton
Reviewed 23 July 2010

When we first entered the room we found two dead large cockroaches, that I geuss had been there for some time, they weren't exactly hard to see and it was quite clear that the room had not seen a vacuum for a while. The top lock was missing from the door, the handle was missing off the drawers, there was no lamp shade in the toilet, the smoke alarm was broken and the toilet rocked from side to side when you sat on it!!

The bed sheets seemed reasonably clean although there was what seemed like a blood stain on the one sheet...and as for the deluxe breakfast???? the breakfast area was full of flies there were a couple of cereals to choose and frozen burgers, when we pointed this out to the lady on the desk she said somebody had burnt out the microwave so if we wanted one we would have to take them back to the room to microwave them!!

I have never written a bad review as 'I was always taught that if you cant say something nice then don't say it all' but this really was a poor choice my advice would be to stop at one of the bigger chains.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SandersFamily2010
Reviewed 10 June 2010

As part of our 5 week tour of the Great River Road, my husband and I (both seniors) spent 4 nights at the Passport and soon considered it "home". The room was large and clean, with new beds and both a fridge and microwave. The large pool was located situated to the back of the property, assuring privacy and quiet. Both Ani Jati, Manager, and his staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. When I was unable to start the clothes dryer at 10:00 PM, the on site maintenance person immediately came to my rescue. The continental breakfast was a true Southern breakfast with hot items (grits, sausage biscuits, hard cooked eggs and fruit in addition to the usual fare) - the perfect fuel for our days of exploring Natchez . Location was great - 5 minutes from the historic district and within walking distance to shopping. Thank you to all of the staff of the Passport Inn for helping make our stay in Natchez a memorable time. B&K from Rochester NY>

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple