“Good food with beautiful view”

Frisco's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Calabogie
Reviewed September 5, 2018

This restaurant is on the site of the Calabogie Highlands Golf course.
It is spacious with very comfortable chairs and tasteful decor.

The view of Lake Calabogie and the peaks on the other side is beautiful and relaxing while dining.

The service is top notch, friendly, helpful, timely and quite cheerful. The food is very good.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018

Have only had lunch there twice but am looking forward to a dinner, possibly their “Date Night” deal they offer on Wednesdays. Great spot on Calabogie Lake (& Highlands Golf Course) superb job redecorating and great staff.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 2, 2018

We went for Mothers' Day brunch buffet. Uncomfortable wooden fold up chairs like you would have at an outdoor wedding to sit on. There was not a lot of choice for a buffet for $18.99 . There was a nice fruit salad & a nice fresh assorted greens salad which also was good, a choice of 3 juices & coffee & tea included in the price. The main courses consisted of scrambled eggs, greasy bacon, breakfast sausages which were cold & greasy, pancakes (luke warm) battered fish which we noticed other tables were leaving on their plates & the main thing, eggs benedict which you couldn't even eat because the English muffin was so hard you couldn't cut it, eggs were overdone & again it was on the coolish side. We expressed our disappointment in these & the cook said would make fresh ones but they weren't much better. The desserts were okay but nothing special, consisting of mainly squares. At least our waitress was a real sweetie but unfortunately it didn't make the meal any better. We were very sorry we chose to try this place for my mothers day. We were in the area on holiday that week & we tried several other restaurants, all with good results but Frisco's was a very big disappointment. We would never return if in the area again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2018

My third visit to FRISCO'S was fortuitous.My lunches have been with Ladies' groups so I have seen a variety of dishes. My first experience with the SEAFOOD CHOWDER was almost positive but it was too salty (hot smoked salmon???) I mentioned it to waitress and the chef has responded positively.Recent dish was perfect: creamy tasty sauce, poached mussels just right and delicate salmon (poached?) I have been sampling chowders in BC and this was on a par with the best! Ladies prefer small servings and appreciated sharing. I anticipate dinner and hope the tuna pictured will be available.

Date of visit: June 2018