All reviewsjacuzzi roomreturn next yearcoffee makerthe kitchenbeautiful locationget awayjoanneplatterontarioweekendaccommodationscondofireplacelaketrackresortunits
Reviewed July 3, 2017

City people who come to CALABOGIE for the first time are gobsmacked at the beautiful countryside. CALABOGIE HIGHLANDS Golf course on Calabogie Lake has a nicely appointed dining room and bar with outdoor patio with lovely view. I golf there on Mondays with Ladies who Play for Fun. We gather for drinks and dinner afterward. This year CSABA the creative and hospitable chef has suggested that we allow him to present plates of appetizers rather than larger dinners which many do not wish..Each week he presents different and delightful platters: bruschetta, puff pastry and mushroom delights, seafood wraps, thin crust pizza with tasty topping, sweet and spicy little peppers.and for the sweet tooth there is always a selection of goodies. The cost per person is too low for me to mention!. But Csaba is willing to create platters to satisfy the wishes of any who dine. Worth a special trip!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Heather B
Reviewed September 20, 2016

Since 1999 I have been organizing golf outings for my friends and am always looking for a place that offers an inclusive package of accommodation, golf and meals at an economical price. Two years ago a friend recommended this location to me. It is just over an hour's drive northwest of Ottawa, and just over a two hour drive northeast of Kingston. The country driving route through small towns and villages near the Rideau Canal System is very scenic. The resort has fully equipped condo units and has been a perfect venue during the past two years that my women's group (20+) has been attending. Joanne Fleming, the General Manager, has been most accommodating and organized a very reasonably priced package for us that included overnight accommodation, two rounds of golf with cart and dinner. She also offered a very reasonable price for a second night of accommodation for those that wanted to arrive a day early. Many of us took advantage of that option and enjoyed a potluck dinner in one of our well appointed condo units with access to an outdoor BBQ grill. Many of us chose to bring our own breakfast and lunch items given that each condo unit had a full kitchen, dining room and living room with fireplace. For those that chose to take breakfast at the restaurant, there was lots of choice and the price was reasonable. Our dinner at the restaurant was excellent, and efforts were made to accommodate those on particular lifestyle diets. The 18 hole golf course is very picturesque, running through highlands that border the lake. All of the staff are exceptionally friendly. The condo units are well appointed, and it was evident that some upgrades have already taken place. I suggested a few things in our condo that would need attention and Joanne assured me that the work would be completed prior to our return next year. For winter enthusiasts such as skiers (cross country & downhill), snowmobilers and snow shoe fans this is the perfect resort as winter is their low season so the cost for accommodation drops even further. This particular resort is only a fifteen minute drive to downhill skiing at Calabogie Peaks. Cross country skiing and snow shoeing is available on the golf course adjacent to the condos. It has been such a great experience the past two years that next year I have already organized a couples' golf group to attend in the spring, and our annual Golfing Gals group to attend again in September. All of the staff are exceptionally accommodating. I had problems starting the BBQ grill and was concerned because the front desk closes for the night. However, I dialed zero on the telephone and Steve, a worker at the course who was staying in one of the units, kindly came over immediately to show me how to get the grill started. As it turned out Joanne also provides her home phone number if there are any issues after the front desk closes. Although restaurant hours for breakfast during the week started at 8 a.m., due to our early tee times, Joanne was only too happy to open early and prepare breakfast for those that chose that option. Overall, a fabulous experience!!

Room Tip: All of the units in building 200 have a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Penny A
Joanne T, Manager at Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thank you so much for your glowing review! It is certainly a pleasure to see the ladies come back every year and it makes us proud to see the amount of fun everyone has. See you next year!

Reviewed September 13, 2016

We arrived on a whim as we were travelling through just to play a round of golf. The course was nice but we only played the back 9 so I can't speak for the front 9. It was in decent shape. Good value. It really was quite far out of the way though. Looks like it would be a nice place to stay and play the entire 18.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Geri W

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our resort. Our Stay and Play Packages are quite popular and very reasonably priced! We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Stayed for a night for a Calabogie Motorsport event and was handled well. We arrived very late and office was closed. Since we had reservations a sign was posted with all our instructions - well done and thank you.
Facility was okay for what it is and for its location. Room is spacious and so was bathroom. I would stay again if I come to another event.
Wifi is free but did not work for us. Since we only stayed for a night it was not a big deal.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2016

Last time I golfed Calabogie it was a 27 hole course, they have down sized it to 18 holes for some development. The layout is good and once hey get some rain and good growing conditions it could be a fun course. One thing we noticed is that our GPS Garman was all mixed up with the holes and not knowing the exact yardage was a negative.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends