All reviews calabogie peaks ski hill hot tub golf course tennis courts lift tickets gnocchi indoor pool special thanks first tracks surrounded by nature long weekend outdoor activities mini vacation restaurant staff my son get away
Reviewed October 4, 2017

Very pleased with the accommodation. Clean and comfortable with a nice patio looking over the pond. Checkin and checkout was a breeze and the staff were very pleasant. I'll stay here again.Modern conveniences,and a very nice bathroom with a walk-in shower.
Comfy queen size bed in unit 103.

Room Tip: I like the Peaks Condos either one or two bedrooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
CPRManager, Manager at Calabogie Peaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you for your review and we're so happy your enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed this past weekend (Saturday night) and were less than impressed. We were there for a wedding and had traveled from out of town 5.5 hours and were counting on be able to check in slightly early to be able to get ready for the wedding. We had called ahead (2 weeks prior + the evening before) to request an early check-in. We understand this is not a right, but were just hoping to have it noted. The gentleman on the phone (Craig, I believe) was more than amazing to deal with and had ensured us he had done everything possible to hopefully make this happen.

We arrived on the day of the wedding around 11:30 am and went to the front desk to let them know we had arrived. The girl at the front desk was on the phone and very rudely talking to someone. Once she hung up the phone, she proceeded to talk to us in the same, rude/uninterested/abrasive tone. We explained to her that we had just driven 5.5 hours and just wanted them to know that we are on the resort and would like them to let us know as soon as our room became available. She very quickly and abruptly told us that the best she could do was maybe have us in the room by 4pm (the time the wedding started). I explained to her very politely that we had just driven for 5+ hours and are from out of town, and obviously did not get ready for the wedding at 5am that morning. I asked her to see what could possibly be done in order to hopefully get us in as soon as possible. We suggested that we would go explore the resort and come check back in in a hour or so. She basically told us not to bother. This girl looked unprofessional, spoke unprofessionally and did not once crack a smile or empathize with our situation whatsoever. I understand she probably had many requests that day for an early check-in and that it is not a right, but all I was looking for was a slight understanding and effort on her part - after all, isn't that what "hospitality & tourism" is all about? I think she is in the wrong line of work.

We decided to walk around the resort, take a ride up the hill on the ski lift. It was beautiful and such a lovely time of year. About an hour and a half later we decided to walk around the main building and ended up walking past our room. The cleaning staff told us the room had been cleaned for an hour and they were waiting for the front desk staff (the same girl we had the "lovely" reception from earlier) to come check the room. So, I decided to go back to the front desk and ask if our room was possibly ready, she very quickly cut me off and said "not yet". I then proceeded to inform her of the conversation I had just had with the cleaning staff. She then told me that she was busy at the moment and would get to it as soon as possible. Might I ad, when I walked down, her and the other girl at the front desk (Holly?) were looking at each others cell phones.

Long story-short, we ended up getting into our room, but the whole process and dealing with the two girls at the front that day (Sept.30/17) really dampened our experience and left a bad taste in our mouths.

Although we would have definitely considered coming back to this resort when we could spend some more time using the facilities, we will not be coming back now.

Room Tip: Don't go unless you like to be treated poorly.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lindsay E
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We really liked it, we had a deluxe king room. Nice view. The only problem with the room was no coffee filters so I couldn't make coffee in the morning. The restaurant was rather pricey. We went for a nice swim at the beach because it was terribly hot that day. Arrived on motorcycles and were given complimentary kick stand supports.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CPRManager, Manager at Calabogie Peaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you for your review and we do apologize for the lack of coffee filters in your room. We hope the kickstands help to make amends and encourage you to ride back out to Calabogie and visit us again.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

First time in our favorite resort during the summer! It was great, the views are so different from winter time! We enjoyed the lake nearby! Quite a good experience! We like both summer and winter's activities there! We will come back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
CPRManager, Manager at Calabogie Peaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on being a year-round resort with activities both active and relaxing from January to December and it's great to know you'll be back again.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

We stayed here in August 2107 as a family of 4 for one night for a quick get away from the city. I'll be honest my expectations of Calabogie were low given a previous stay at a different hotel...anyways. The receptionist was very pleasant and our room was ready early. The room was lovely and a good size for the price we paid. The little ones (2 and 6) LOVED the beach and there was a slide on a dock and sand toys and a small little snack bar that had pretty good food for cheap. The restaurant was pretty upscale dining but you could attend casually, which is good esp. if you have kiddies with you. The risotto was fantastic and the gnocci was splendid (but a bit salty for me). The least impressive things which we read about on tripadvisor was the pool and the hot tub as well as the gym, however I just walked past it and gave it a peak (who works out on vacation, die hards). We will come back again in the winter and try our chances with skiing and stay at Calabogie Peaks again and try one of the rentals at Dickson Manor. Thanks Calabogie Peaks for a wonderful get away from the city.

Room Tip: we had a basic room but would have loved a balcony for at night when kids were sleeping
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
CPRManager, Manager at Calabogie Peaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thank you for your review & we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Escaping the city with the family during winter is DEFINITELY the way to go and we look forward to having everyone back during the peak of ski season. When you book, be sure to call our Front Desk to request a room with a balcony for some quiet time outside while the kids are asleep. Plus if you happen to know when you're planning to return this winter, our Stay & Ski package is the way to go and we have an early bird rate going on now until the end of October.