All reviews free wifi two queen beds new owners separate room microwave tv pubic cleanliness
Reviewed July 22, 2018

Was at family reunion over weekend and had 2 rooms at this motel for 2 nights. Both rooms were very clean and well kept. 1 room had queen and double beds plus a pull out couch. TONS of space. Other room had queen and double bed but they were in separate room. Great idea !!!!
Motel has new owners since I last stayed there many years ago. Its on the high end for price in a rural area but I felt well worth it considering the space, cleanliness, friendly staff, etc.
Oh .. and we arrived late (just after 10pm), the motel knew we were coming in later and they were still open at the front desk when we pulled in.
Very pleasant stay .. and will stay again.

Room Tip: If you want to be in separate rooms, ask about the ones where the beds are arranged that way.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I don't write bad reviews often but this place is a dump. Rooms are outdated (carpet looks like it's from the 70's), very bad musty odour in the rooms. No amenities to speak of. The motel was completely booked during our stay - I'm not sure that it has the capacity to be filled. None of the showers worked in the morning (no water pressure - I mean zero) and toilets wouldn't flush. I understand the place is old, however if you do not have the capacity to have working showers then don't over book.

The worst part of this - not a single apology from the front desk when it was reported and no offer to have maintenance fix anything.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2017

My friend and I were attending a local blues event in town and booked for 2 nights. The rate was very reasonable and the room was very large.
We had 2 queen beds, plus an extra sink, bar fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the main room. The bathroom was so clean you could eat out of the tub!! Fixtures and caulking and tile in mint condition. Looked like a brand-new tub surround.
New carpet and large mirror over the sink in the "kitchen" area, plus vanity lights. That was great if two people were getting ready and both needed a mirror!!
Very well-kept, spacious grounds with gardens, horse-shoe pits and freshly painted asphalt and parking lines in the parking lot, plus a little gazebo with picnic tables and a bbq.
The beds were firm and comfortable, the bedding in good shape (not faded or stained) and the pillows were very firm and dense, so if you like thin, soft pillows, you may want to bring your own. I happen to like very firm pillows.
The owner came to check on us 2x, inquiring if we needed any supplies and how did we like the room? He was very friendly and helpful and pleasant.
We will certainly return to that motel any time I am visiting Goderich again!! I highly recommend it, even though it is a little north of town on highway 21, it is only a 5 min. drive into town.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Very clean small motor inn, reminiscent of days gone by. The owner and family are very nice and accommodating. Large rooms. While being on the motorway I did not hear any sounds from the highway. Comfortable queen beds.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017

New owners took over a couple of years ago. The place is well kept. Nice manicured lawns. Friendly staff. The place seemed reasonably clean aside from the stray pubes I found in the bathroom. The rooms are not that cheap anymore. We paid $120/night. The motel is usually full and this year it was only half full. The room is fairly large and comes equipped with a bar fridge, microwave, tv, couches, two queen beds, and an ac unit. The place is quiet. The free wifi is not very good. Actually it was unusable. I ended up switching over to 3G to get reliable speeds. I'm not sure why the internet was so horrendous because I did a speedtest and found it to be quite fast (28mbps down, 5mbps up).

The owners were chintzy on the toilet paper. I felt like we had to ration what we had. We weren't given a full roll of toilet paper to start with and were only given one extra roll. By the time the night was over, our toilet paper was down to the last few sheets. The next day, same thing. One roll of toilet paper. Really? Can you not afford to put two or three rolls of toilet paper in the room? Are you worried someone might steal it? I can't believe I'm complaining about toilet paper. Never in all of my reviews have I ever done so.

The floor was wet near the door. I believe there must be a leaking pipe underneath because the rest of the place was dry. The ceiling looked a little rough with the cracks and paint touch up marks. A fresh coat of paint could help.

Overall, the stay was ok. It's what you'd expect from a motel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family