US$76
Colborne Bed and Breakfast(Goderich)(Great Value!)
US$122
Samuels Hotel(Goderich)
US$133
Cedar Lodge Motel(Goderich)(Great Value!)
US$107
Maple Leaf Motel(Goderich)(Great Value!)
US$96
Harmony Inn(Goderich)
US$106
US$103
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain buildinggledhill housedining roomthe riverhot tubcrepesselect roombeautiful spotdifferent buildingswedding guestsfine diningbalcony overlookingromantic weekendbit datedcomfy chairslarge roomshort drive
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed at the Benmiller in for 1 night in November 2011 for a work event. The first thing that struck me was that it was a strange set up. The original hotel is situated on a small stream and is nice to look at, but it is also in a depression under the intersection of 2 public roads. The facility is also one that has many buildings and my actual room was in another building down the road. I had to walk along a highway at night (not very far) in the dark from my room to the main lodge for dinner. Dinner in the dining room was very good, there was a couple of choices for appetiser, main and desert and the food was top notch. Breakfast and lunch was also at a high standard. However the room I stayed in was dated and badly in need of renovations, think 60's motel 6! To be fair, they were working on renovating the entire complex, but the work is slow as they are having trouble getting trades people due to the work going on nearby in Goderich after the tornado. There is also a lot of trees down around the Inn and they have been obviously working on getting those taken care of as well. I hope the renovations dont take too long and they get back to what was once known as a top place to stay. P.S. The wifi worked fine in the main lodge, but at my room I could get comnnected to the system, but was unable to open any internet pages on my ipad. Due to the location I also could not get a useable 3G connection on the ipad on rogers. My Bell Phone only worked if I stood outside.

Room Tip: Stay in the main lodge
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Stv50
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I found the inn simply by following the signs coming into Goderich even though it was pitch black at 5:30! (Welcome standard time) Given the spiral staircase the friendly front desk woman helped me with my bags. The room is comfy and cozy and it is so quiet outside as only the country can be.

Dinner in the dining room was exceptional for such a seemingly small place and even though I was the only one in the dining room for most of the time I felt warm and comfortable by the window and service was also exceptional.

Thanks Benmiller Inn!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank KatieToronto
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I needed a quick getaway and Benmiller Inn was the perfect spot. The Inn itself has a wonderful history. Unfortunately, the Inn received some damage in the tornado, but the rooms that were open were cozy and rustic. The Inn is showing it's age and could use a little TLC, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it. The food is fantastic. I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank lh1963
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Went for a weekend retreat with work colleagues.Experienced spa treatments the first day spa opened post tornado (August 2011). Definitely would recommend Ward and the Reflexology treatment! Fabulous atmosphere in the spa area. Very relaxing! Others in our party raved about their facials, massage and how warm the pool water was and how enjoyable their swim.

Had lunch in restaurant - nice atmosphere. Had rest of meals in small dining area off dining room. Service was good with staff very attentive!. Food was good and plentiful. Bar entertainment was enjoyable backdrop to our conversations. Breakfast on our last day was leisurely with opportunity for personally made omelettes or crepes. Food selection really made it better as a brunch than breakfast.

Liked our room although it was a little tired requiring new tiling on bathroom floor and paint on the roof, walls and doors. Inn is listed as a CAA 4 Diamond rating for 2011 and 2010. I think needs some cosmetic work to actually deserve this rating. I did find that our king sized bed and pillows were remarkably comfortable (and I am picky about both!!).

Repairs are obviously still ongoing as Tornado damage is obviously still being worked on with some broken windows and plastic noticeable on roof of dining area. Top 2 floors of building where spa is located were heavily damaged and are to be repaired. Toppled trees are clearly visible as you drive into the Inn property. Some walking areas on the property are also closed currently. Gives some indication of the work that clearly already occurred to reopen the Inn and that must be planned to further repair the property!

On our way home, we took a drive into Goderich to see how the clean up activities were going there. Work is clearly still in progress after such a devastating act of nature. People we spoke to were all positive about about how well the community had pulled together to support one another in the aftermath.

Given time, I am sure that the Inn will work to complete the necessary repairs and get back on their feet too. I would give it time and plan a trip next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank scotgrl3
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We were at the Ben Miller this past weekend for a business function of my husband's. On arrival we were served lunch which was an Asian buffet and it was delicious! Our room was #92 in The Mill House. It was very spacious and cozy, although could use some updating. We enjoyed having the fridge and coffeemaker, but the fridge was old and dripped, and the coffeemaker was broken, but still worked. The bed was comfortable, and we loved the views which were beautiful despite the recent tornado damage. The pool area was clean and warm, and both my husband and I enjoyed both the pool and hot tub. I enjoyed a manicure, pedicure, and massage at the spa. The staff there were very friendly and professional, and went out of their way to be sure I was satisfied. We enjoyed dinner at the Ivey - the portions were perfect and the food delicious. The buffet breakfast the next day was superb, especially the variety of cheeses and the made to order omlettes and crepes. Unfortunately we didn't have time to explore the trails, which I hear are wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2011