US$68
Dreamz Inn(Goderich)
US$133
Cameron's Cove Bed & Breakfast(Goderich)(Great Value!)
US$91
Colborne Bed and Breakfast(Goderich)(Great Value!)
US$122
Samuels Hotel(Goderich)
US$132
Maple Leaf Motel(Goderich)(Great Value!)
US$95
Cedar Lodge Motel(Goderich)(Great Value!)
US$91
Dunlop Motel(Goderich)(Great Value!)
US$75
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain buildinggledhill housedining roomthe riverhot tubcrepesselect roombeautiful spotdifferent buildingswedding guestsfine diningbalcony overlookingromantic weekendbit datedcomfy chairslarge roomshort drive
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Recently stayed 1 night at the Benmiller Inn and my wife and I both loved it. The service was excellent from the moment we arrived and the facilities were perfect. We really enjoyed the spa, pool and hot tub which combined with a nice walk around the mill and river, all made for a very relaxing afternoon/evening before dinner.

Dinner was incredible. The menu had changed from that shown on their website and it seemed a lot more interesting. Yes its not cheap but really nice and again the service was excellent. We were both impressed with how quiet and relaxing the Inn was generally but there was still a nice lively atmosphere in the restaurant and lounge.

My only minor gripe would be about some of the details in our room. Obviously we only saw our room ( a deluxe suite in the river mill) but it was pretty dated and showing a few signs of wear and tear (stained carpets and peeling paint etc..) It wasn't dirty and certainly didn't spoil the experience as it was still very comfortable and had a excellent view but its not a cheap place to stay and it seems suprising that they wouldn't fix those few minor things given that they a part of your first impression on seeing the room.

Overall - loved it and would definetly recommend it and go back one day.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Evan_Roberts, Innkeeper at Benmiller Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2009

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am always very proud to read about our guests experiences here at the Inn.
We change our dining room menus with each season and am delighted that your enjoyed your dining experience with us. As you will have noticed, we have a strong local influence with our menu items and ingredients. We are so lucky to have some terrific partners right here in Huron County
We are continually refreshing our accommodations and would be most appreciative if you could please email me directly with the room that you were staying in.
scott.evans@benmiller.on.ca

Cheers!

Reviewed March 9, 2009

March 06 to 08, 2009
We had visited the Benmiller Inn some years ago and my wife wanted to go there again for her birthday. I am a Trip Advisor junkie, so I first checked Trip Advisor to see what recent guests had to say, was satisfied with their comments, and booked for the weekend. I realized that there were several grades of rooms and services and chose a medium level with breakfast included. I also made reservations for lunch on Saturday for us and family and ordered a birthday cake. I am an email person so I did all of this by email and the answers were prompt and very helpful. I think I knew exactly what I was expecting.
The first person you meet in any hotel or resort is the person at reception. Reception was friendly, fast and efficient, paperwork was minimal. The first surprise was a casual comment that our room had been upgraded to the Geldhill House. The room was very beautiful, large, well decorated and had windows and a balcony overlooking Sharpe’s Creek. It was furnished with a comfortable; King sized bed, a large sofa, chairs, desk, coffee nook with packages of coffee, tea and hot chocolate and a small fridge. The TV was on a cable system that had a big choice of US and Canadian channels in English and French and other languages. I was anxious to test the wireless internet, started my computer and gained instant access to a high quality connection that never let me down. The bathroom was spacious, clean and well supplied with towels. The bathrobes were in the coat closet near the entrance door.
We visited Goderich, drove around downtown and near the Lake Huron shore and had dinner there. There are many restaurants to choose from in Goderich or further down the lake in Bayfield. When we returned to our room, the bed had been turned down; more surprises, there were apples placed beside each side of the bed and, there was a half bottle of sparkling wine in an ice bucket with two wine glasses.
On our walk over from the Geldhill House we met a little mink who was out hunting for his breakfast by the creek. Breakfast was good, with many choices of juice, fruit, fresh pastries, omelet or waffles. We had our little party at lunch at a table overlooking the creek. The birthday cake was delivered with three candles and delicious. We had breakfast twice, lunch and dinner in this beautiful dining room beside Sharpe’s Creek and found all the staff to be very polite, extremely helpful and efficient. We also enjoyed the hot tub the sauna and the pool in the building which looks out on the Maitland River.
The Benmiller property is cleverly located with Sharpe’s Creek running through it to the millrace of the old mill and on the side of the Maitland River. It requires a little walking from place to place but you can enjoy the wildlife, the creek and the river in the process, or you can drive if you must. It is a place to go if you want to enjoy peace and quiet and relaxation.
Just like checking in, checking out was friendly, fast and efficient and paperwork was minimal.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PLESLIE23
Evan_Roberts, Innkeeper at Benmiller Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2009

Thank you for your positive feedback! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We find that some guests from the city don't always appreciate the unique, natural surroundings that we are blessed with at Benmiller. You have taken some wonderful photos and I really am really pleased that you shared them.

Cheers!

Reviewed March 5, 2009

Just got back from two nights at the Benmiller, a true, historical character inn located a few minutes from Goderich on Lake Huron. Nestled in a valley next to a roaring river, we loved our room, the setting, and the full breakfast that was included as part of our stay. The room was enormous and included a jacuzzi tub and sauna as well as a fireplace and a balcony that opened out to the river rushing by (rooms vary). Our building was located across from a very nice indoor pool and hot tub. It was tranquil and relaxing and exactly what we needed. If you want a break from the hustle and bustle and the standard-fare chain hotels, this may be just the place for you. The Benmiller is NOT a budget hotel by any standard, but we found the off-season mid-week rates to be very good value!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrJackson

I totally agree! My opinion of course is slightly biased, but I am so lucky to experience the Inn everyday. There is a time and a place for a branded hotel, but not here in Benmiller. The historic location and general feel of the place itself is unique, and so our attitiude follows suit. You can come it all seasons and experience tranquility at it's best.

See you next time!

Reviewed February 18, 2009

Thank you so much, we had the best 24 hour vacation imaginable. The drive out to Godderich was amazing, sky's cleared up and it got warm,

Every thing at Ben Miller Inn was spectacular. The staff were great, didn't catch the girls name who checked us in, but she was very warm and helpful and made us feel most welcome.

The room we had was a fantasy come true, the bed and bedding were so comforting the view outstanding, the hot tub inviting.

We then went for dinner didn't want a big dinner so had it in Jonathan's lounge our bartender was Marianne (don't know exact spelling) She was the most delightful server, funny, accommodating and a pleasure to spend time with. I had the best fish and chips I can honestly say, in my life, even better than in London.

We had an amazing sleep and awoke to our beautiful view, the sun was shining, huge snow flakes were falling the same time.

Made it down for breakfast at 9:56am just minutes before service was supposed to end, were received warmly by Antoinette, and whisked to a table, she was very friendly and did not make us feel rushed. Food was fantastic, hard to say, for food held over in chaffing dishes near the end of service , we were very impressed, eggs were warm and moist, sausages delicious, bacon properly done and coffee delicious.

Even though we didn't have enough time to partake in the Aveda Spa and the gorgeous pool we certainly felt like we pampered, relaxed and glowing...

Even check out with Cathy was a most pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelfreak69
Evan_Roberts, Innkeeper at Benmiller Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2009

Thank you so much for providing such positive feedback about your time with us! Benmiller truly is a magical place and even gets better when you interact with our wonderful team memebers!
We will look forward to your next escape to the Inn!

Scott Evans
Innkeeper

Reviewed February 17, 2009

My fiance took me to Benmiller for 2 nights the day after Valentine's Day. We stayed there one night last year and liked it so much we went back!
This time we had a Spa room package. For the price, including the dinner in the dining room, definately worth it.
Getting there from London is such a nice drive, fun country stops on the way. Check in at the Inn was a breeze. We were upgraded to the Spa room from the Country room! We later learned that because it was a slow time for Benmiller, they wanted to keep the lights off in the Country room building. We did not care, it was way better, we are sure!
The Spa rooms are more modern. We had a wonderful view of the river that takes your breath away once you walk into the room. We noted that the carpets in the hallways and in our room were not vacuumed once during our stay but small price to pay.
We loved being in the same building as the pool and hot tub, which was actually hot unlike other places! Pool was perfect too. Clean and deserted.
Had a facial at the Spa. Not bad at all.

Dislikes:
Free internet was choppy at best and even by the window, we could not keep a signal.
Carpets as mentioned above.
No curtain on the large window top area. The sun got us up before 7am each day! We like to sleep in a bit and there was no way to correct this.
The jets in our whirlpool had funky stuff in them when started which did not make for a clean bath once started up.
The room could have used a small fridge.
Staff in the dining room lacked a bit of professionalism.

Likes:
Food at the dining room was amazing and if you did not eat dessert, with a package you could get 2 apps.
Location of the Inn. Views.
Fast check in and out.
COMFY bed! (pillowtop)

Overall, a very special getaway and romantic! We will return!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We welcome this type of dialogue as it allows us the opportunity to both congratulate the team for a job well done or to adjust our services as necessary. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us (and you are right, the beds ARE comfy!)

Scott Evans