“Not fine dining, just good food.”

West Street Willy's Eatery
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Goderich
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We had a big lunch earlier in the day and therefore were not looking for a large dinner. There were plenty of choices on the menu for lighter fare. The restaurant was quite busy and the large plates of food that went by, looked loaded with calories, but yummy. This is good pub style food.

There are newer reviews for West Street Willy's Eatery

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Based on the reviews, this place sounded great. We all had the crispy cod, and though the taste was fine, there was too much breading and too little cod. As for the fries: they were limp. An adequate meal, but well short of first-rate.

1  Thank operalover939
Reviewed 6 August 2017

It is very conveniently located; we were seated and served right away, food came fast (it wasn't crazy busy at all, so the service was what I expected). Food was good: my mom had the chowder and said it was very good (note: she got the dinner size: it is a HUGE bowl, FYI. She could not finish (in her case) (she would have done fine with small salad/small chowder); I had the grilled rainbow trout with the (aloli?) sauce - good. Seating: wooden tables/chairs, booths. I'd say 'pub style' in terms of atmosphere. Tastefully decorated; Music plays in background (classic rock?); Prices what you would expect (ie) near main tourist beach on main road. I saw gluten free options not sure about vegetarian or vegan. All in all, a definitely good, safe bet. Good for..solo, couples, families, friends; I Recommend.

1  Thank From_Me_2_U_Review
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We visited on a Friday night and it was pretty busy. We were seated at a table adjacent to the front door, so we were dealing with customer traffic during our entire visit. Since they were extremely busy, the services was fairly slow and disorganized. We're still waiting for the glasses of water we ordered.

This place has a great reputation and was extremely busy, perhaps we were there at the wrong time. The food was good, not great. The jerk chicken wasn't very authentic, and the whitefish a fairly small portion.

The pizza looked good, so perhaps next time we're in the area we order a pizza to go and give that a try. I would recommend visiting during non-core hours if that works for your schedule, to avoid the chaos. I would likely try other establishments in the area over a return visit to Willy's.

1  Thank SoxFan08
weststwillys, Owner at West Street Willy's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thanks for visiting us and I'm sorry to hear your first experience was underwhelming but we appreciate your feedback regardless. Generally we receive great comments about our staff so I apologize if they were having an off night and didn't attend to your requests. Hopefully you'll try us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Willy's was recommended by a number of people. Got a seat right away and the young male waiter was friendly and professional. Great selection with some interesting items on the menu. I had the homemade chowder to start, which was one of the best chowders I've ever had so I had high expectations for the rest of the meal. The fish tacos were a bit dissapointing not nearly enough fish and way too many vegetables, it was more like a taco salad with fish. It was tasty for sure but way to stingy with the fish. Ended with what was sold as a fresh homemade apple crisp. There was nothing crisp about it. The crumble topping was mushy, almost like it had been microwaved. The waiter didn't seem all that surprised and did remove it from the bill. I'd try these guys again as the locals rave about it - and it did start out great, with excellent service and a great chowder - I'll skip he fish taco and apple crsip next time.

2  Thank Scott R
weststwillys, Owner at West Street Willy's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and we will definitely take your comments back to the kitchen to improve these items. Our goal is to give our customers a satisfying meal from start to finish, so I apologize and hope you don't hesitate to come back.