Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews sandy shore natalia lake hosts cottage grounds
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2019

We came back after staying in 2017. It s just as wonderful as it was then! Great cottage, well equipped and deck is just 4 meters off the water! Gorgeous sunsets from deck almost every night! Great pool..heated and lots of fun! Private campfire pits!
A beautiful location and everything you need for a nice family vacation! Best of all the owners are great people and take care of their guests just as good as they take care of their property! Stop looking because you just found a little slice of heaven.....

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We rented cottage number #4 -
Check in was quick and Natalia was very friendly. I was shocked to see the grounds the way they were afttt hearing so many positives about the place online.
From ground level the lake is beautiful even with the long grass (that needed cutting) if you expected to sit on your deck and view the lake forget it. Large untamed trees and wooden deck wall block it.
Also the closed in firepit is literally 3 ft from a cliff that leads right into the water. Children running back and forth all across properties and I'm surprised no safety fence.
The so called sandy Beach. Approx 8x10 if that. And they had a giant old swing set parked on it.
The seaweed was so incredible that you would dare jump into the lake to swim.
Fishing was slight disappointment considering it was rice lake. Only caught small sunfish and if lucky really small bass.
We expected fully air conditioned unit yet the stand alone air unit upstairs was not working and when I asked about it they said they knew. Would have been nice to know that!
Also the fridge was leaking water like crazy. When I told them about it. The husband was very prompt to come check it out but he grabbed the filled crisper and said "see you empty it there! I was like yea I did but that's not normal nor should I accept my fruit and veggies to be sitting in stale water.
The grounds were tidy but certainly could have been cleaned up considering the size of the property.
Perhaps hiring more staff would improve things.
The pool was nice I'll say that. However when I asked for a skimmer/net to scoop the many bugs out I was told no.
The inside of the cottage is like night and day from upstairs to down.
Definately need another chair in living room.
One futon coach for up to 6 guests to sit and relax or watch tv is impossible.
The exterior decks are old cracked and chipping. Plastic uncomfortable dirty chairs surround an old table that does not sit level on the deck. So prepare to hold your drinks.
25 worms cost $6 and a small bag of firewood with no kindling is $10. We broke a fishing pole and asked to borrow a pole and they happily charged us $5 a day even with no AC and a broken fridge they didn't give us a break or a deal.

I do not feel this cottage was worth the $1005 I spent for 3 nights.
Sadly we will not be returning.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Jolene T
Natalia G, Owner at Sandy Shore Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you so much Jolene for your visit and review.

It was really bad that the second air-conditioner made noise. It is brand new and on warranty but the procedure of service is quite long in such cases.
We should consider to remove the unit from the cottage taking into account that the general air -conditioning system works perfectly.

Sorry for the refrigerator trouble. Somebody changed the temperature regulator to the highest temperature. But it works well.

It is a pity that we could not satisfy all your needs and tastes.
But It would be a big challenge for us to make you happy even if we'd gifted you worms, fishing rods and fish.

Kindly yours,
Natalia

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We have been guests at Sandy Shores since my oldest granddaughter was only 2 months old. She turned eleven this year and we haven't missed a year - that must tell you something. We're always lucky as far as the fishing is concerned and the place is always clean and the owners welcome you with open arms; we've already booked our cottage for 2019.

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank clachance2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018

This is the best place for family vacations.Its as close to home as you’ll get.Its very quiet and the view is really beautiful.The owners are great they take care of anything you need.They are very friendly and we have enjoyed staying here for many years.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank mcdanielliz
Reviewed August 12, 2018

If your looking for a ride peaceful low key hideaway. This is your place. You can safely sit on the dock and watch your kids swim, fish or just relax. The resort is small and well maintain that you can always here where the kids are!!

Room tip: Book cottage #4! You’ll love the view
Date of stay: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much dear guests for your visits and wonderful review. We will be more than happy to see you again any time and will do the best to make your vacations wonderful!