“Closed”

Chit Chat Cafe and Corner Market
Ranked #42 of 72 Restaurants in Napanee
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

If you're not for Napanee you may not know that this place closed last month. Hope a new owner comes in and makes it into a proper restaurant. This place tried to do too many things (movie rentals, fried chicken take out, restaurant, bakery, etc.) all under one roof.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Stopped here at around 6:30 for quick dinner during a long drive. I was going to order the fried chicken, but the lady at the cash told us the chicken takes a while to make, so instead we all ordered an egg breakfast combo to speed things up. I could make an egg breakfast for four in 5 minutes, but at Chit Chat it took nearly 20 minutes. The lady arrived with my poached eggs practically hard boiled and my sausages were so burnt, they were totally black. She threw them on the table and said "here you go, I hope you like them burnt, everybody else does." Before I could reply, she left, and started turning all the lights off to close the store.

I'm not sure what kind of cafe closes at dinner time when there are customers eating, why the service was so rude, or why the food was so overdone. Maybe it was just an off day for our server, but I can only leave 2 stars for the entertainment of everyone giggling when they saw my eggs and sausages.

Reviewed March 31, 2016

We needed a quick, satisfying lunch during out short break, and found it here. Nothing extremely special, but well made and well priced.

Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

I'm all about supporting local business but this place has on three occasions been a huge disappointment .... The staff Is terribly unfriendly to down right rude and I paid close to $5.00 for coffee cream which is somewhere between 100-150% mark up depending on where you shop ... Do yourself the favor and skip across the street to the Deli Fritz or downtown to Elena's Cafe and save yourself the aggravation!!!!!

1  Thank Chrisbeauchesne
Reviewed February 16, 2016

I used to go to this café a few times a week for a bowl of soup and biscuit. But the soup started getting saltier and saltier....to the point that I could not eat it. Price was a bit steep for the amount you were getting. I didn't find the staff very friendly, almost as if I was bothering them to order, so I ended up taking my business to another café type restaurant downtown. Really good squares though.