“New owners, but still great bakery and local produce.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Solway's Farm Market and Bakery
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Wiarton
Description: Not technically a "restaurant" but sells great homemade baked goods and local farm products, preserves, etc. We made a special stop here! http://www.foodlinkgreybruce.com/downloads/profiles/ELLIOTTSGARDENFINALDesigned1.pdf
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We have been patrons of this establishment for many years.The new owners have carried on with the Elliot's (prior owners) business plan. If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it. We still get excellent baked (on site) goods.Local produce in season,some directly from their adjacent and large gardens.If you are visiting the beautiful Bruce Peninsula,possibly heading to Manitoulin Island via the Chi-Cheemaun ferry,stop in and grab some butter tarts or sticky buns.You won't be disappointed. Happy Trails.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Great place to pick up wonderful baked goods, or some amazing Sullivan's sausage. There are beautiful vegetables and fruit.
This year I bought a cute wall hanging with cottage rules on it.
This is a farm market and not a restaurant.

Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Wonderful little stop for fresh baked goodies, fresh local veggies, a quick little stop to maybe pick up a little something if you're visiting someone's cottage. Open until 9pm Friday nights. Do t miss their little cinnamon rolls and tarts as you check out!!

1  Thank Casey1
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We love Elliots-which now has a new name. However, we weren't disappointed. The bakers are still there and our favorite pies, which we will make the drive to Wiarton for, are always wonderful! We never leave empty handed and I love that my friends who love apple and blueberry pie will buy the pies and that I can buy a small banana cream pie all my own, that I don't have to share. They don't like banana cream like I do, so it is my sinful pleasure. It has been tidied up a bit with the new ownership and there were some new metal sculptures and other decorative pieces. They still have the stone/concrete poured items and I always pick up one for gifts for Christmas and gift giving as they are very reasonable.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Wow! Their homemade baking is to die for. They have fresh produce and various foods. So glad we stopped