“Going up the Bruce Peninsula or going down, A MUST STOP”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Solway's Farm Market and Bakery
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Wiarton
Description: Not technically a "restaurant" but sells great homemade baked goods and local farm products, preserves, etc.
Reviewed September 17, 2016

Before you even walk into Solways, the delicious aroma of their baked goods, and other treats, seem to put you in a headlock and drag you in. You are in one of the best bakeries around, home made and with that taste that cannot be duplicated, as only Grandmas recipe could fill your senses. We make it a point to stop in to this roadside heaven every time we go up to Lion's Head. The cinnamon buns, chelsea rolls, pies (try their peach pie, its to die for), muffins and other delectable baked goods. I have yet to try something there that was not to my satisfaction. Then there is their home made sausages (nothing better on the BBQ) be it beef, pork or game meat, with a superb variety of flavour choices.....makes it hard to decide on which one to choose. Their meat selection is very fresh and very tasty. Highly recommend the stop, you won't be disappointed. Oh ya, their locally made crafts are nice as well.......sorry, I almost forgot to mention the crafts, I was salivating thinking about their home made baked goods.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

We were told this was a must stop if you want fresh baking. We were on our way to Tobbermory to visit family and decided to stop. There was a torrential rain storm and high winds. I got soaked getting my 85 yr old mother out of the car into the store
We needed a rest room and they told us we had to go out in the rain to a Porta potty. They would not allow us to use there inside facility, seriously I get it in normal weather conditions but this was an exception and they refused.
The staff was cold and unattenative to there customers, they just stood around chatting to each other.
If my mother hadn't really wanted baking to take to her sister I personally would have left.
I liked it better when it was Elliott, at least they cared about their customers and would not have wanted to send an 85 yr old lady out to a Porta potty in that kind of storm.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

I was not expecting much but this market is well stocked and has quite large selection of baked goods and fresh produces. We bought croissants, cookies, sticky buns and brownies squares. Everything was super fresh and delicious! They also have gluten free items.

Reviewed July 31, 2016

While on vacation, we shop at this market and bakery several times and stock up on supplies. We love their fresh produce and of course their delicious baked goods.

Reviewed July 30, 2016

fresh baked goods ..produce, jams, etc available as well as some decor for your home/cottage.The butter tarts kinda pricey but worth it.