All reviews yogurt room was clean bruce trail price was reasonable sliding door other guests bob tents camping bbq wood motel hatchet backyard linens dog blast
Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

We stopped in on a last minute visit and the hotel was booked. They offered the tent. Leery at first as I don't do tents but with the double bed and table and chairs it still had lots of room. Blankets of plenty. Washrooms and shower were available for us to use and a kitchenette. It was the best night sleep! We are booking it again in august when we can bring our son. We stayed in a hotel room the next night and it was great as well.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kicx
Reviewed May 13, 2015

We visited the area for a snow-shoeing adventure with our dog as well as our sister and her boyfriend over Family Day weekend. The rooms were basic, but warm, clean, and comfortable and the lodge was a great gathering place in the morning. It was absolutely perfect for the type of trip we were hoping to have.

There was an issue with a frozen pipe while we were there (which was unsurprising, given that it was the coldest day of the year) - we wouldn't have noticed had the owners not informed us the water was out and then again when it was back on about an hour later. I have to echo all the other reviews when I say that the customer service was excellent!

Also, if you're into the outdoors and exploring, Bob, the owner, is a great resource. Having actually never been snow-shoeing before, he was really helpful in pointing us toward a variety of trails and helping us out with some equipment. He definitely helped to make the trip more enjoyable.

We would definitely stay at Spirit Rock again - possibly as an annual tradition!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittney F
Reviewed April 10, 2015

I stayed here for 1 night on business. The owner is very pleasant, and was accommodating. The room is just a basic room with bed, tv, table, and a bathroom. Room was clean, and sheets were clean. There is a fishing lodge sort of feel to the room. It is a good basic room for the night. Only complaint is that there was no clock radio in the room to know what time it was at a glance.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2015

We spent 3 nights at Spirit Rock while snowmobiling the area. The rooms were clean, warm and charming. The lodge is close to some of the best trails we've ever sledded!
The outpost is an excellent atmosphere to enjoy coffee and a light breakfast.
The owners were very friendly, accommodating and helpful. We felt very much at home. We will be returning in the future. Thanks Bob......Great Job!!!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2014

The reason I would return to the Sprit Rock is due to the hospitality. The owners were great, very accommodating, let us check in early when we arrived. We were attending a jewellery class and offered us space to work there if needed.

Now about the rooms, they were clean which is good, however, the room I was in, needed work. The curtains on the back sliding door and the front window didn't cover the entire width so I didn't like that so much in the evening that people could see inside the room. My bathtub had a drip I couldn't stop and my fridge had mold and wasn't running. I wasn't aware of the problem till after 6pm so I didn't report it till the morning. The lodge closes at 6pm. I'm sure however, if I knew where I could report it they would have fixed it for me as the owners really seem to want to please.

I noticed in the morning an axe was left out behind my room on the logs probably for cutting wood but I did not feel comfortable knowing anyone could have picked up the axe. The lodge itself (the store has some beautiful pottery, and a nice fireplace). It does unfortunately, close down at 6pm. The continental breakfast was coffee or Tea, cereals or oatmeal, oranges or bananas and mini muffins.

If you are a T.V. buff the televisions are very outdated, they have the small big box type of t.v but I wasn't there to watch television so it was no issue for me. Hot water takes a while to come in but there was hot water. Price was reasonable but no receipts were given, I'm sure if I asked one would have been given. Don't sit on the edge of the bed as it will fall, perhaps the wheels of the bed were on the wrong end. Both beds if you sat on the ends, the bed would tip down. The beds and pillows were comfortable though. The room was clean and it was a good location close to everything on the main street. The friendliness of the owner, Rob, made up for all the other little things so I would still recommend the Spirit Rock and I'm certain if my stay was longer, the little things would have been fixed. If you don't like the continental breakfast, there is a Tim Hortons a 5 minute drive down the street. If you are a fisherman the lodge sells a lot of fishing supplies and if you love pottery, you will find some beautiful pieces to choose from.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CN64
Bob B, Owner at The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2015

Thank for bringing these things to our attention, Everything was dealt with the very next day. Hopefully we will see you sometime in the near future.