See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Friends, every now and then you stumble onto a winner. This hotel is located DIRECTLY ON THE ZOCALO, right across from the park with stalls of merchandise, kids with kites, and music in the evening. This is also literally "restaurant row" with outdoor seating for each under the portico that stretches the entire length of the square. Admittedly, the hotel is on the older side, but clean, quiet, and incredibly inexpensive. The real news here, however, is the spa. Wow! Massages, facials and reflexology are all on the menu at prices very easy on the wallet. I literally had 3 treatments in 5 days. The girls were very professional and did an excellent job. I would definitely return.

Room tip: This was a long, narrow hotel. Rooms toward the back (away from the Zocalo) are probably quieter.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2017

Although it isn't in Cholula restaurant listings, the hotel has a restaurant along the portals. Like the other restaurants/cafes along there, they have outside seating. The outside seating had blaring loud music, so we went inside. The server was earnest and tried to be helpful, but he was distracted by (as he told us) having his cellphone stolen -- and later returned. (He works seven days a week, with only one day off per month. Apparently, this is typical.) We gave him a big tip.

The three-course meal, plus dessert, was mediocre at best. The dessert, strawberry ice cream, tasted artificial. After eating here, I understood why we were the only patrons while other cafes had quite a few visitors.

Room tip: This review is about the restaurant, not the hotel
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank An0nyMs
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Reception lacked interest and when issues with accessing wife gave several different passwords to try. When they didnt work did change rooms. However the standard of both the rooms were poor and the room change didnt improve the wifi! One of the beds had lip stick marks on the sheets and looked unwashed. The shower room had several tiles chipped off. We had planned to stay for 9 nights but left after one. The hotel website pictures make the rooms look much better than the are in reality - and the pool looked like it needed a good clean. Didnt get to experience the spa!!!

Room tip: Not the ones overlooking the pool!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2016

This hotel is average. What it lacks in amenities, it makes up for in location. The hotel is OK. It is clean with average service, average beds, hot showers and average towels. nothing special. Since we stayed in poor to high end hotels this trip to Puebla, I would say it fit in the middle. I can't give it a great rating , nor a poor one. We did, however, like the fact that you could walk to everything and there . We had a room under the stairs to the second floor and found it quiet, even though there was a lot of noise out front. I would assume other rooms would be noisier There was a light right outside the window that was a bit of a bother because the other window (with no light) had a curtain, but the one with the light didn't. The reception was very friendly. However, take note that the tax is not included on the price. It resulted in a 20% higher price than I had expected, but they showed me where they had it on the website, so I have to chalk that up to my lack of observation. Never-the-less, I felt it was worth the posted price and not the price with the IVA.

Other things you should be aware of, it is very hard to find because of the one way streets and some being blocked off. we had to park across from the Franciscan church and walk to find it. I had my GPS on and luckily knew where it was, but couldn't figure out how to drive there. There is parking at the back of the hotel, but it is only free at night and until 10:00 AM. Non-free hours are 10 pesos. The wifi is awful. Both my husband and I were able to log on, but I never could get online on my phone nor my computer. There was something with the wifi security that my every-day run of the mill Nortons anti-virus didn't like. My husband could get on but 50% of the sites wouldn't allow him to go there so we couldn't book another room for other nights. Because I have to work while I'm away, this was miserable. There is an internet cafe around the corner, but I didn't like starting every day at the internet cafe. We didn't try the restaurant as it was all white and lit up like a mall. There was no ambience and we found a place we liked very much. The food in Cholula is very good (although for a vegetarian, you might have to look around) and you can get street food that is delicious. We had fun and liked the location that we would consider staying again if the price with IVA matched the quality. However, I do know that one pays for location.

Room tip: Ask for the quieter rooms in the back by parking.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2016

The rooms are clean and adequate. The price is very affordable. The location is fantastic! Right on the charming zocalo of San Pedro Cholula. Considering quality, price and location, this is a very good hotel.

Date of stay: August 2016