“Pleasant hotel, friendly staff, nice room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center

Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Centennial
Portland, Oregon
“Pleasant hotel, friendly staff, nice room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

One night solo business trip. Staff was very friendly and helpful on every interaction. Upgraded me to a King Suite, which was nice - especially liked that I could close off the bedroom area from the kitchen/office area (didn't need to listen to the refrigerator turn on and off). Internet connection was good. Bed was comfortable. Free buffet and beer/wine for a couple of hours most weeknights, and if you don't want the (very basic) food they offer, there is a Landry's Seafood right across the street and other restaurants close by.

Only minor annoyance was that the message light on the phone blinked consistently even though I had no messages. It was quite bright, so it took a pillow to cover it - luckily there were plenty of pillows.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Heater44, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review!
You're review was great in covering all the wonderful amenities we offer to our travelers.
We at the Staybridge Suites also appreciate you pointing out our industry partners with great reviews as well.
The beds are incredibly comfortable, and we take pride in knowing you enjoyed yourself at our location. We hope to see you again when you visit the Denver area!

-Best
-Dbaker
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

I really have to say the staff makes this hotel great. They front desk staff is very warm and welcoming when you first check in, and always help you with a smile. Will definitely continue to use this for future business stays.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for a great response- our apologies for responding later than normal- we have been busy gearing up for Spring! - When you come back again to see us we hope you have a stay just as comparable to your last with us!

We look forward to seeing you again!
-Dbaker
New Waterford, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The price was right. The staff was awesome. They went far beyond what was required.They had a nice hot breakfast buffet as well as a nice dinner reception. The place is absolutely spotless and looks brand new. Even the maintenance tech was extremely friendly. I would not stay anywhere else the next time I am in Denver. I have no negative comments. Thanks for a geat time!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dbker, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We take such pride in knowing we are doing things right! You'll find that we meet the standards of every Staybridge Suites in the IHG portfolio- so you will find the same amazing hot breakfast and great Sundowners across the board.
All the your positive comments are recognized and appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Denver when you visit again!

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stay in the IHG group because we expect a consistant product and level of service. Why bother with one hotel here and another there...right? Well we arrived in Denver to what we believed was a staybridge suites hotel...come to find out it a rebuild of a previous building or hotel. The 2 bedroom queen bed suite is a joke. Its basically a regular hotel room with everything crammed in it. There is very little walking room, no dining area...unless you count the couch and coffee table (great for kids) and theres only one tv. If you like to watch tv as you get ready for bed you cant here because of a wall blocking the view. If you pull out the sofa sleeper you loose the ability to reach the door not to mention where do you put the coffee table? When we addressed the issue with the staff their response was "we are not responsible for the floor layout...this really isnt a true staybridge suites" REALLY???!!!! The hotel staff stated that. We cancelled our reservation and went to a real IGH property.

Room Tip: Dont get the double queen bed suite
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank medic6bravo
dbker, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your review- we apologize that you felt we did not meet your needs in what your looking for in a Staybridge. Some properties are built from the Ground up as a Staybridge, and some properties are converted from one type of hotel to another. We weren't lucky enough to start as a Staybridge from the ground up, however are working aggressively to meet all of IHG standards, and IHG requirements to be the upscale brand we represent. In order to meet requirements and guests needs we provide certain room requirements that pass guidelines and standards- and we can't apologize enough that they didnt meet your needs. Keep in mind every hotel can offer a different experience- please don't single Staybridge out as a whole.

Best
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here from 11/05/12 to 11/12/11. I was so impressed with the room, the staff, and the location. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and the dinners on Tue, Wed, and Thur were great. I also enjoyed the complimentary beer and wine with dinner. What a value! I have stayed at the "LUXURY" places before and paid more than double what I paid here and they cant compare to this. I highly recommend this Inn!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review of our facility- Did you know that the Staybridge Suites has been branded one of America's "Upscale Hotels"... - because of your wonderful feedback and continued relationship with us - we can consistently live up to those expectations. Please let us know when you're coming back- and make sure to drop your business card with us!

Looking forward to seeing you again in Denver!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Heather greeted us at check-in with a genuine smile and hello. She quickly got us checked in & off to our room. We quickly toured the Hotel. Found free laundry facility, a modest gym, suitable to get a least some kind of physical activity. The entire Hotel & exterior grounds were clean and free of debris. On Monday morning we met Sharon, who was cooking the complimentary breakfast buffet. Her food is awesome, and she was another welcomed smile. Today is only Tuesday (we'll be here till Saturday), but i had to write & tell everyone that to me, this is a 5+ star facility. And everyone of the staff that we encountered is truly a "service" oriented person (and being service oriented is not something that can be "taught"- its an "innate" characteristic).

Eric, room 2121

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful feedback, and most importantly, for recognizing our associates by name. We take pride in smiling and making life for you- our guests more fun, and enjoyable while traveling. Being service oriented is a Innate characteristic, and we own it!

Safe Travels and Warm Wishes
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I checked into this hotel, received my room card and proceeded to go to my room. Upon opening the door I found the room OCCUPIED! The bed was a mess and I closed the door as quickly as I had opened it. I returned to the lobby to tell them and didn't even receive any attempt at an apology. The front desk girl just started clicking keys on her computer, another employee then came in and they had words I couldn't hear about the situation (again, no apology), told me my room had been upgraded due to the error and gave me my new key. I realize these things happen from time to time but the lack of apology is unacceptable.

I had an event to attend outside the hotel and upon my return was exhuasted. My room ventilation system kept turning on and off every 30 seconds. It sounded like I was sitting at the airport and my plane was being warmed up on the tarmac before flight. I couldn't sleep and I didn't have the energy to deal with the front desk again. Finally at 3 am I realized I could turn the system off (even though it was 15 degrees outside). I turned it off and finally fell asleep. Then I was rudely awakened by the alarm clock at 7 am -- it had obviously been set by a previous guest and not cancelled out of the memory.

I am a Priority Rewards member, stay at other Staybridge Suites and this was not a good experience. The positives were my reassigned room was clean and well kept. Once I shut off the heating system the room was quiet and the lady who tends the breakfast room in the morning was delightful.

There are several other hotels in the same area as this one and I suggest staying at one of them.

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor room ending in 25.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
dbker, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused by our HVAC units, as well as from our front desk. Our staff is conscious on being an upscale brand, and we work hard to make sure your happy. I would love the opportunity to show you what we are made of again and having you come back to see us- we will inspect all facets of the room to make sure your HVAC unit is correctly working, and also will issue points for a new stay at another IHG hotel.
Thank you for your concerns as we will work aggressively to correct this- and also thank you for your wonderful feedback about our breakfast liason.
We hope to "fix" it the next time your back in town-
Best wishes and Warm Regards
-Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centennial
0.6 km away
0.4 km away
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
1.2 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Ce...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!