1,277 results
All reviews our honeymoon highly recommend hotel mercedes suv chose hotel fridge and freezer car service nespresso machine pool area fire pit mixology class small kitchen top notch romantic getaway complimentary shuttle service ocean view yoga classes private lanai
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What can we say? This was recommended to us by my brother-in-law. This is not only an immaculately kept facility; it is private and there are no children under the age of 16. The staff is "over the top" friendly and helpful. The manager and staff have really taken seriously, your comfort and enjoyment in staying there (Disney has nothing on The Hotel Wailea)!! If you want a beautiful, relaxing stay at a five-star resort, consider Hotel Wailea. You will not be disappointed.Additionally, being on the west side of Maui, you have the premium weather spot on the island! The eastern shores get a majority of the rain. The north western portion of the island is very dry. Here, you get the best of both worlds. AND - there is a magnificent view from any place you stay at the Hotel Wailea!!!

2  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Beautiful property, suites and views. Fantastic staff - all of them. Easy access to local Wailea area restaurants, shopping and beach in the Hotel Wailea Tesla's. (We did not rent a car this trip). Very relaxing as this is an adults only hotel - not kids under 16. We loved it and would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Kristan D
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Absolutely AMAZING!! Cannot say enough good things about Hotel Wailea! Top notch service with only the best amentities that make you feel right at home. I almost didn’t want to review this place online because I want to keep it secret! Highly recommend if you are making the trip to the always sunny Wailea in Maui.

1  Thank acmohr93
Reviewed September 14, 2018

We stayed at Hotel Wailea in August 2018 for our honeymoon, and we were impressed! We were greeted with champagne and baggage assistance to our room. The hotel grounds were incredible, with multiple waterfalls and great landscaping. The rooms were very large, including a bedroom, bathroom with shower room, and a kitchenette and living room area. The staff was very friendly and caring.

We loved that the resort was adults only, and wish we would have stayed there for more nights when on Maui. No kids made it much more relaxing, especially compared to other places we stayed at on the island. This was a great spot for our honeymoon.

This resort is about a half mile from the ocean, but we did not mind. Any time we wanted to go to the beach, they had their Tesla Model X available to take us and pick us up. At the beach, they had attendants for the hotel with towels, beach chairs, and waters waiting for us. There is snorkeling gear and kayaks for rent as well. We didn't even notice not being on the beach as it was so convenient getting there.

Overall, no complaints, and I would absolutely go back!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Dear Hotel Wailea Staff,

Thank you. Thank you for your genuine care during our stay last week. From the moment I booked our room and upon receiving the warm confirmation email, I knew this place was special. Expectations were exceeded before ever stepping foot on the property.

When we did arrived, one could have characterized us as...oh, HAGGARD. We basically fell out of the Jeep. But Gustavo made us feel at home while simultaneously lifting luggage out of the car while gesturing us toward the lovely beverages and check-in desk. Oh, we weren't in Kansas anymore.

From there, Bill took the baton, further welcoming us with agility and care. Bill has the kind of genuine warmth that is so rare to encounter. He made me feel so happy to have finally arrived—we were immediately made to feel at home. It was mid check-in that I realized I had left my phone in the Jeep. At that moment, Gustavo miraculously appeared, phone in hand. "No worries," we came to realize is a motto of the island. No worries indeed.

Once checked in, Gustavo whisked us to our room. Bags appeared as if by magic, and he showed us many lovely features of the room while answering any additional questions. It was immediately apparent to me that hospitality wasn’t a job here—it is a state of being.

At the pool, we found our spot and within moments were greeted with menus and asked if we’d like a beverage. Chelsea and Jilana understand and execute the balance of perfect service. They take care of things without you even knowing that things are happening. They are available and lovely or invisible and lovely, depending on your moment-to-moment need. I don’t know how they do it. Upon leaving the pool, Chelsea asked me what the plan was for that evening, and I mentioned that we were a little too tired to do much. She recommended that we order in pizza—gave me the name and even recommended a few things, and said it would be delivered to the hotel. Ummm OKAY! With that recommendation, she truly saved our evening. Pizza and salads arrived, and we ate dinner in our cozy bath robes. Thank you, Chelsea and Jilana—you two are fabulous.

By day 2, I was keenly aware that every person at the hotel somehow lifts the veil of guilt for making any request. In fact, their brilliance is in anticipating needs so deftly that we were rarely in the position to ask for anything—we were often only left to say, “yes okay!” For example, on our drive up from the beach one afternoon, William asked what our next plans were. We responded, “the pool!” While driving and without hesitation, he said, “Oh! Then would you like me to bring the snorkel gear to your room?” Ummm OKAY! I was astounded by the observation and attention to detail. Wow.

The culmination of all of these gestures at every touch point of the experience made for a week that was a level of relaxing that I didn’t know existed. Thank you again to Bill, Leah, Chelsea, Jilana, Matthew, Gustavo, Aaron, Jessi, and Norman. And thank you to the staff that we didn’t get to meet. Our room was impeccable and lovely every single day.

What a privilege to be the recipient of such care. My gratitude is great. And I can’t wait to return.

Mahalo,
Anne Marie

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Anne Marie P
MarkusSchale, General Manager at Hotel Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Aloha Anne Marie,

Thank you so much for your review and touching story. I have shared this with our entire staff, and am incredibly pleased to hear that our genuine desire to serve our guests was so well appreciated. I agree with you that we have a great team here at Hotel Wailea, and they all look forward to seeing you both back again very soon!

Warmest regards,