5,869 results
All reviews serenity pool our honeymoon top notch club level lobby lounge ice water ping pong worth every penny main pool cold towels ocean view waiting list pineapple outrigger canoe pool staff adult pool impeccable service
Reviewed December 24, 2016

My family and I stayed at the hotel in Mid December for 7 nights. The hotel itself is breathtaking...the lobby is open and breezy, the shopping at the lower level is great and all of the restaurants and the lobby bar have great food and drinks.
We traveled with our twin boys (6 years old) and they enjoyed the Kids Club while we were there. The kids club is an included feature with the hotel...each day they do fun things like go swimming, watch movies, make crafts, play games. They have an outdoor patio area where kids can play, shoot basketball and rock climb! For the older kids there is a great game room with a pool table, foosball table, Ping-Pong and more.
We had a small hiccup with our room and construction. I had read the reviews on Trip advisor prior to our arrival regarding the construction. I called the hotel and was very specific that I didn't want to be near the noise...mostly because my boys still nap and I didn't want them to not get rest during the day. The first 2 days of our stay there was loud construction noise just outside our room. The hotel apologized but their solutions to the situation (move us to a downgraded room or let the boys nap in a temporary room) just didn't suit us. We toughed it out, but for what we were paying each day in a room charge that was a little upsetting that we had to deal with the noise as I had been very specific about not being near the construction. From what I can tell it seems that all of the room construction is complete...so if you are traveling to this hotel late Dec. 2016 or after you should be good to go.
The rooms are really large, there is a TON of storage and closet space and the bathrooms are awesome. All the rooms have an outdoor lanai area with a couch and a table...perfect for letting in some of that great Maui breeze!
The hotel offers services such as paddle boarding, snorkeling, kayaking just off the beach. Be aware that the first hour of snorkeling is complimentary, but you will be charged for any time after that. All other rentals are $40/day. All the cabanas around the big pool are complimentary...we would go down before breakfast each day and snag one without any trouble.
As some other reviewers have mentioned the food prices were pretty steep...especially for breakfast. We went off property for breakfast a few times (Fred's and Nalu were awesome). Also, be aware that there is a $29/day charge to park your car on property. I only knew about this fee from reading other reviews on this site...it kept me from having a WTH moment when the bill came. :) The Mai Tais are AWESOME...we had a running joke about the "original" and the "classic" versions of the drink. One is sweet and one is tart, one has shaved ice and the other has regular ice...after 2 of these drinks it became quite the challenge to remember which one was which...and very often we got the order wrong. They make their own Mai Tai mix and it really is great.

Overall our experience with the hotel was great! You will pay for the service but its worth every shiny penny!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank brennaj37
Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

Truly stunning location and the staff are willing to do anything to make you happy. Food and services are pricey, but wonderful.

Just be aware that:

1) The free wifi doesn't work consistently, and the $20/day wifi is spotty.

2) During the holidays this site attracts families with little, little kids. A tipping point has been reached and the parents have all decided it's ok to let elementary school kids run wild, while the babies cry. It's like vacationing in a preschool with limited options for tranquility.

3) The main pool is standing room only - full of kids. The 21+ "serenity pool" requires you to line up for a seat at 6:30 am (yes, people really do this) and it is sold out by 7 am - often for the day. It's not serene either, it's jammed with adults fleeing the chaos.

4) The room was never made up before 4 pm (during an 8 day stay).

Great scuba options. Awesome dive team.

We love kids. Just can't escape the feeling we are at Disney, not the Four Seasons, even during an understandably busy family time at the holidays.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Buckeyetoyou
Reviewed December 23, 2016

The room was completely soaked like someone deep cleaned the floors and furniture before we arrived. Our carpet, our sheets, our couch, and everything in the room was moist. We had house keeping come up and they confirmed it was wet and didn't know why. We had a manager come by and he agreed and was surprised. They offered to take us out of our suite and put us into another room and the rooms they offered were floor level rooms and half the size. What a joke! We didn't want an upgrade, we just wanted a comparable room to the one we were in. They gave us a dehumidifier and new sheets to get us through the first night. It sucked out about 2 gallons of water from the bedroom alone in a few hours. The next day they were supposed to call us to put us into another room, that call was never made. Our entire first day and night staying there was wasted dealing with this and all they were willing to offer was a fruit platter and late check out. What a joke. My wife works for a high end hotel and she was livid because she knows what they are able to do to help us out and they didnt care. We rented out over 20 rooms and tw two ballrooms for a company Christmas Party and we were treated like crap. I am completely blown away and needless to say, my company will not return next year.

Room Tip: avoid the parking lot views, its very loud and a construction zone right now
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
9  Thank Matthew H
FourSeasonsMaui, Front Office Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2017

Aloha from Maui,

I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me after your experience at Four Seasons Resort Maui. We regret that your stay did not exceed your expectations, but we hope to wow you on your next stay with us.

Mahalo nui loa,

Mathieu Rapp
Director of Rooms

Reviewed December 23, 2016

My wife and I absolutely love this hotel. We were here on vacation and my wife's birthday. I wanted to make it special and the hotel couldn't have been more accommodating. The first day we started by renting one of the cabanas at the adult pool service and staff there were excellent. Then the hotel staff arranged a private cocktail lesson for my wife during off hours at the bar was absolutely amazing and she really loved it. On my wife's birthday they arranged a private dinner by the beach with a ukulele player serenading us the food and service was beyond exceptional for this experience.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2016

We had our Christmas Party here and the even coordinators are the best! We stayed the night and the hotel room was prepped for my two little ones (under 2) with snacks, robes, toys, and their names spelled out in sponges in the bathroom.
They even provided a crib, diapers and wipes without asking.
At pool side and at the party, we were asked if we needed a playpen for the baby! Wow.
I think its awesome that the cabanas are not just for those who pay the extra.....If you get to the pool early enough, you can reserve a cabana. This helped, especially with the kids.
The pool attendants were awesome too. Passing snacks, cool towels and water!
Totally would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family