All reviews whaling museum working waterfront martha's vineyard historic downtown free breakfast yogurt waffle maker cape cod walking distance the breakfast area restaurants and bars front desk staff pool and hot tub stayed here for one night comfortable room short drive would stay here again
Reviewed March 8, 2012

what a great location......clean and super friendly front desk staff

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Sara H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

We appreciate your kind review. Our staff is always excited to hear that their hard work was noticed by our guests. Please visit us again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

As usual we were only here for one evening - having had three rooms booked. My room was on the ground floor and was clear, spacious and a good layout. The check in staff were very friendly.I went to bed around 10:30pm and at 12midnight someone decided to the dryer on in the laundry room (which was next door to my room) and this made a huge banging noise in my room. I called reception to report this and she said that a) she knew because this person had come to her for change and also that it would only last about 10minutes. I persevered and at 12:45 (when the machine was still going) I went to reception to complain about the noise again and was told that it would finish soon and they always have issues with this room (they should impose a time limit). Very poor considering the price you pay. Rest of the hotel was good but this really made me not want to visit again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 104
2  Thank Adam M
Sara H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

Thank you for your response. We value all feedback, good or bad. Since the issue you had with the laundry room we have set in place a time limit of 10PM for using the laundry facilities. We are always looking to grow and better our property, and thank you for bringing this serious issue to our attention so it could be addressed.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My 4 year old daughter and I recently stayed at the Fairfield and I was very pleased with everything. We live quite a distance from New Bedford, and as we had a baby shower to attend in the morning, we decided to make it a weekend trip. Check in was quick and easy, with friendly service from the front desk. Our room was spacious and clean. We did not have the "harbor view" (did not feel like paying the extra cost); but we could still see enough of the harbor and fishing boats from our room. The pool and hot tub was great, (clean, plenty of towels). The hotel is within a reasonable walking distance of the historic downtown (restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, Whaling Musuem). However, the reason I only gave a 3 star rating for location is that there is a VERY busy street to cross (and at dusk w/a TON of traffic, was not ideal for traversing this w/my daughter) and also lot's of construction going on (although that will obviously be finished at some point). There is a free breakfast the next day (which was pretty decent, with plenty of options). It's a nice perk and very convenient when a hotel offers breakfast, as not many do these days. We have family that live in the area, so we will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dperms
Sara H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. I agree, the contruction does call for some caution when crossing RT 18, but it will be finished soon and will make it easier for walkers to cross. We are glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel is nice enough at first glance, but I experienced soiled linens, food under the dust ruffle left for two days until I pointed it out (not my food), towels that smelled of mildew, and one day the housekeeping man pounded on the door stating he thought he forgot a paper in my room. I called the front desk and suggested that a phone call to inquire about the paper might have been more appropriate and less intrusive..and she was curt and rude, apologized as programmed, with no sincerity. The guy pounded on the door so hard, it was alarming.

3  Thank Thoughtfulpeeps

Thank you for your review. We are extremely sorry that your stay with us was not enjoyable. Our staff did everything possible to try to rectify every issue that was presented to us, and we are sorry that nothing we did allowed your stay to improve. We hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a very new hotel; clean, nice amenities (pool, whirlpool, exercise room). Breakfast included (waffles, yogurt, eggs, sausage, bagels, etc). The young man who was in charge of the dining are (whose name I forget) was very pleasant, friendly and attentive. Front desk staff was very pleasant as well. There was an issue with our room being made up; for some reason it wasn't, but when I reported it, it was corrected. I did have to wait a bit and at the time I wanted to lie down, but they did attend to it. Once the construction in the area is completed, the location will be very nice. You can walk to many restaurants and attractions in the area.

I had also been here in January during a snowstorm, where I was less than impressed by the service and staff. The parking lot hadn't been plowed and when I reported that, I was told that once the plow went around once, it needed to be done again. The lot is not that big; it was obvious that nothing had been plowed. Upon leaving later in the evening, my car (as well as everyone's) were plowed in with 1+ feet of snow. I asked about that and was told where a shovel was. There was no offer of help and the shoveling/plowing that had been done was pretty bad. I really thought they needed to step it up a bit more. Thus, my average rating. This second trip was better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

We are glad to hear you gave us a second chance! I will look into the plowing situation, and make sure that it is handled corrctly during the next storm. We look forward to your third stay, which will be even better than the second!