All reviewswhaling museumworking waterfrontmartha's vineyardhistoric downtownfree breakfastyogurtwaffle makercape codwalking distancethe breakfast arearestaurants and barsfront desk staffpool and hot tubstayed here for one nightwould stay here againcomfortable roomshort drive
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I visited the Fairfield INN during the weekend of the half marathon in New Bedford. I have lived around the area previously and was not expecting much from New Bedford. But I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was excellent, I think her name was Pam, but she was great. The breakfast had hot food items, and the hotel felt very safe. The gym was small but efficient and the pool area was great. Overall would recommend this one to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindseylousays
Sara H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property! The New Bedford downtown area has certainly made a comeback from previous years, and we are proud to be a part of it. We look forward to welcoming you back for next years half marathon!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the hotel. We were in New Bedford for the 1/2 Marathon Race. There were 3500 runners, all hotels were full. We were early on the day of arrival, the front desk took my cell phone number to call when the room was ready. Breakfast was extremely busy, because of all the runners, the staff handled it efficently and courteously. All employees had a great"can do" friendly attitude.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Sara H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. The staff works extremely hard, especially on a busy weekend such as the half marathon, and are always excited to hear great feedback. We will see you at next years half marathon!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn at least a dozen times and have found the staff to be very friendly and professional, the rooms clean and comfortable and the overall experience the best in the area. This is why I keep coming back for both business and with my family. The location is great on the waterfront and near many fab restaurants and the ferry to the Vineyard and Nantucket. Definitely the best.

Room Tip: For just a bit more you can enjoy the extra comfort and space of their suites. Ask for one that views the waterfront.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

All of the staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford would like to thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

what a great location......clean and super friendly front desk staff

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Sara H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

We appreciate your kind review. Our staff is always excited to hear that their hard work was noticed by our guests. Please visit us again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

As usual we were only here for one evening - having had three rooms booked. My room was on the ground floor and was clear, spacious and a good layout. The check in staff were very friendly.I went to bed around 10:30pm and at 12midnight someone decided to the dryer on in the laundry room (which was next door to my room) and this made a huge banging noise in my room. I called reception to report this and she said that a) she knew because this person had come to her for change and also that it would only last about 10minutes. I persevered and at 12:45 (when the machine was still going) I went to reception to complain about the noise again and was told that it would finish soon and they always have issues with this room (they should impose a time limit). Very poor considering the price you pay. Rest of the hotel was good but this really made me not want to visit again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 104
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Adam M
Sara H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

Thank you for your response. We value all feedback, good or bad. Since the issue you had with the laundry room we have set in place a time limit of 10PM for using the laundry facilities. We are always looking to grow and better our property, and thank you for bringing this serious issue to our attention so it could be addressed.