Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Nice improvements

New outdoor park by the farm area with garden, watering buckets, spray shower, and xylophone. So... read more

Reviewed October 1, 2018

New Bedford, Massachusetts

Recommended experiences in and around New Bedford
from US$120.00
More Info
All reviews train ride gift shop bison nice afternoon farm animals my kids love small city small train the barn black beans large farm picnic lunch kiddie train family outing lots of fun small place an hour and a half
Reviewed August 31, 2018

Local gem and a wonderful place to visit. They have really done a nice job with this zoo. Varied attractions, in natural settings. The rainforest, bear and seal exhibits were are favorites. The new Charlie Winterhalter dedicated exhibit (Charlie's Nature Play) in the farm animal area is a terrific new exhibit. We are looking forward to the opening of the red panda exhibit soon. Easy to walk, a train ride for the kids, a must visit no matter your age. We were so impressed we become members upon exiting the zoo.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

I went to the zoo on a Monday in August with my 3 year old grandson. We started our day with an awesome concert with the Toe Jam Puppet Band. We really enjoyed the bears who were wide awake! The elephants also amused us!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Since a child, many years past my parents took me to the zoo located near s.Dartmouth, in the far north of New Bedford off of Route 6. While small, compared to the Roger Williams Zoo in Rhode Island it is quaint, and historical. Many improvements over the years and a nice afternoon stroll on pebbled walkways. The various animals are well kept and the zoo is clean and maintained daily. A small pond is close by with ducks and geese to feed.Bring the kids or grandparents, enjoy the grounds & have fun.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

If you’re in the area, it’s worth a trip. I took my 12, 11, and 8 year old kids and they enjoyed it. We were there for a couple of hours and saw things at a leisurely pace. The rainforest pavilion with the various monkeys and birds were their favorite, as well as the river otters that swam up to you very closely.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We went to the zoo today, two kids 8 (almost 9) and 6. They loved it. So did I. well maintained, friendly staff. We saw them interacting with the animals cleaning and taking care of them. Good information.
It’s a small place, so don’t think this is some all day long zoo. It’s a couple of hours, bring some snacks rest on the picnic tables, then explore the buttonwood park and playground too right outside the zoo.
Great job zoo staff!