“Great service and flavor-filled lunch!”
Review of Alianca Restaurant

Alianca Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 254 Restaurants in New Bedford
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We are two couples who shared a number of dishes, all delicious. Shrimp Mozambique- a little spicy, perfectly seasoned. The cod salad special was also excellent. The chicken alentejano was filled with chicken and fresh clams cooked in a delicious sauce. The shrimp/scallop/rice dish filling and tasty. The shredded pork sandwich was flavorful, but just a tad dry. Our server, the daughter of the owner was perfectly attentive, clarified choices, very personable. We will all be back the next time we're in New Bedford. Very reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We were eager to try this as we have had excellent Portugese food in the area. This was not it. The clam chowder was obviously from a can, salty and slimy. I told the waitress I was allergic to cumin and her only response was "I don't know what that is." The dish was a few chunks of dry chicken with a lot of deep fried cubed potatoes, in Goya sauce. We looked it up after I tasted it, and it contains cumin. Not very good allergy training. In fairness, a dish of fried scrod was well-cooked and came with a boiled potato and small salad. I don't understand the good reviews...

2  Thank Seth G
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

This place has been my new favorite place for lunch lately. I seem to have lunch there at least two times a week.,and always enjoy my meals. I've had quite a few different meals and never had a bad meal yet. Try this place I think you'll like it.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Simple delicious food.We shared the kale soup and shrimp mozambique for appetizers.
My husband had the tripe special with white beans and sausage. It was hearty and wonderful. I had the shrimp special with rice and brocoli. The sauce was a cream saffron and tasted very similar to a paella. The staff was great. We don't speak Portuguese and needed help with menu...it was a team effort! For dessert, I tried the bean pudding which has an amazing caramel flavor.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Owner/family owned & run. The owner is a great cook. Octopus specials on Friday. Best fried shrimp around in buttermilk. Goat, rabbit,hake, codfish and clam specials. Doesn't get better than there steak with an egg on top.