Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bumpy road eco lodge the river beautiful spot quito
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

While a little ways away from the town, this place is worth the extra drive. It is so beautiful and peaceful there; the grounds were full of flowers and hummingbirds, and the steam bath was a great way to relax on the chilly nights.

The service could not have been better and the room was very cozy and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay here and my time in Mindo very much!

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed September 15, 2014

Located in an absolutely breathtaking part of mindo, where the splendor of the cloudforest is most evident. Absolutely enjoyed spending time at the site and was almost reluctant to leave to go into town. The service was excellent and personal, and the food was exquisit. Highly recommended. My father got a cold just before we arrived, and the staff pampered him with special teas and added special herbs in the steam bath - which was quite a treat on its own. Only downside is that its 7km from town so the road may be difficult for low-riding cars in the rainy season, particularly at some stream crossings. If you don't have a vehicle, you will need to rent a pickup-taxi.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank wajari
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My stay here was so nice. Dora is the nicest lady in the world. I misplaced my towel the night that i was leaving and she helped me look all over for it. She was also really worried and upset that we could not find it because she thought one of the employees might have taken it. Turns out that I had packed it and could not see it under my other clothes.

The food was supper good too. It tasted like food from a five star restaurant. Everything was so nice. The grounds were clean and beautiful, the rooms were lovely, the staff was kind and helpful.

If my friends, family or myself are ever in Ecuador again I will be sure to return.

(Not to mention they accommodated a group of 40 people, so 40 people ate all at once)

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a great place to stay. It is a beautiful location and has a lot of character. The service was excellent, all the employees very hospitable and helpful. The food was good. I highly recommend El Abrazo del Arbol.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We drove directly from the Quito airport to Mindo in a small rental car reaching El Abrazo del Arbol late evening. Our car somehow made it through the five flowing creeks that run across the rocky road to this location. After the long car ride, we were in for a pleasant surprise at this eco lodge that was no less than paradise! We were greeted by a smiling face - Lenin, the only staff who manages this eco lodge, and he doesn't speak much english. However that was all part of the adventure and we were trying to learn some spanish on this trip so all good. He ensured our stay was excellent and his culinary skills are phenomenal. I will insist to every traveler to eat all meals here, because Lenin is a master chef and prepares exquisite dishes right from breakfast to lunch to dinner. And he takes pride in his cooking. Trust me you will not be disappointed :-)

The lodge is very thoughtfully constructed, with multiple rooms providing private/shared bathrooms, patio area with hammocks, a fresh spring water pool and the best part - the hot steam room which Lenin will keep ready for you with fresh lemongrass in it, we loved it! During our visit we were the only ones there so had the whole place to ourselves, which was great. The rooms are a bit small if you have big luggage, but we were okay since we were alone, so kept our luggage outside the room. The place is surrounded by lush green rain forest filled with beautiful exotic birds, waterfalls and right next to two rivers. There are trails right to the two rivers for a light stroll or you can simply walk on the road that leads to eco-lodge for excellent birding opportunities. We did this one morning and found many exotic birds. Lenin can also provide you with complimentary binoculars if needed.

We visited the Mindo town one day and Lenin came with us and talked to the agent for some discounts and we got a great deal to go canyoneering, zip lining and cable car over the rain forest canopy. The lodge itself is a bit of drive from the town on a rocky road, but I would totally go back here if I visit Mindo again. It is secluded and nothing short of a paradise awaiting you!

Date of stay: May 2014