“Good food”

Lucky Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 69 Restaurants in Manukau
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding dinner held at this restaurant. Appetizers were deep fried spring rolls and wanton. It was acceptable. The lobster noodles were very tasty and is recommended. I also liked the yam basket which was well done. The steamed salmon with black beans was very good. I was not impressed with the Prawn balls but the rest of the people on the table seem to like it. The sweet sour pork chops were decent and so was the lamb chops. The portions were huge so by this time, I gave up. The roast chicken looked good but I gave it a miss.. Service was acceptable but what I liked was the food came out hot despite it being a wedding dinner..

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Good food! Reasonable price! Tidy environment!
However, it is such a big restaurant but not enough parking and way from enough staff!

Cuisine: Chinese Guangdong or Hong Kong food.
Price: We ordered 3 dishes more than enough for us 2 big stomachs, cost $59

Reviewed 11 March 2013

My wife and I invited a friend, his wife and children for dinner. The food was quite ok but the service and waiting time is very poor. We had to wait one hour before we got our roasted duck. On top of this we were overcharged due to bill addition error. Only managed to get a refund after much hassle.
The lady boss needs some training in customer service to improve on her rudeness!

1  Thank NG0126
Reviewed 18 April 2012

4 hungry diners enjoyed ubiquitous hot steaming dimsums accompanied with endless cups of beautiful hot Jasmine tea. Lovely friendly ambience and terrific service made our afternoon a happy happy one. Only negative was a less than sparkling clean loo: wet floor & a tad pongy, not a good look, or this would have been EXCELLENT and 5 circles. Previous writer is correct. This is authentic cuisine not 'dumbed down' for Kiwi palates. bon appetit!

1  Thank r s
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This place has been around for ages in various guises and this latest one is a real treat. The food is delicious and authentic Chinese. The Beijing Duck is ok(the usual too much fat and inaccurate carving that one sees outside of Beijing but tasty enough). The owner is lovely and she's one of the few there that can deal with non Chinese speakers so don't expect too much conversation from the staff. Well worth a visit.

3  Thank briandoyleNZ